PROFESSION + LIFE CREDENTIALS
You will blend academic and pragmatic experience, ensuring that you earn credentials beyond a major or minor in areas of both professional and intellectual, or life, interest.
- If you have a professionally-oriented major you will earn additional majors, minors, or certificates in areas of interest that are more purely academic in nature. Likewise, if you are majoring in more purely academic fields you will earn additional majors, minors or certificates in professional fields.
- For example, a student majoring in Architecture might also get a certificate in Graphic Storytelling. A Business major might get a certificate in Holistic Health and Well Being. The Fusion combinations are endless.
- By connecting career and life preparation you can leverage the power of multi-disciplinary thinking to productively contribute to today’s complex world while living a life full of purpose and meaning.
- The intentional combination of study in professional and non-professional areas gives Drury students a broader perspective as they consider matters of career, life, community, self, and service.
- With more than 70 areas of study to choose from, you will have an opportunity to customize your educational journey in a way that’s unique to you.
Ready to dive into some real-world problems that stretch your mind and challenge your capabilities? You will graduate with at least three hands-on experiences that begin as early as your freshman year. How many you complete is up to you, but FUSION requires you have at least three.
- Meaningful hands-on learning experiences take place inside and outside of class. This includes independent projects, research, internships, team projects, service, and other activities.
- The focus is on learning by doing, constant reflection and iteration, and collaboration. You will create prototypes, facilitate workshops, make graphic novels and learn to decipher big data to name just a few experiences.
- You will develop a deep understanding of theoretical principles, a strong sense of yourself intellectually and of your place in the world while gaining critical skills in the practical application of knowledge.
- You will earn credentials that certify the value of your real-world experiences. These become part of your self-curated digital portfolio that can then be used with prospective employers and graduate or professional schools.
- A competitive advantage, you will have proven experience in your field making you ready, day one, to contribute to business, non-profit, government or any other organization.
As soon as your first semester, you’ll start gathering experiences and accomplishments to include in a virtual resume. In addition to outlining your major and academic studies, your portfolio will include proven experience doing work within and outside your chosen field.
Employers today are looking for graduates who are team collaborators, critical thinkers, and proven problem-solvers. Your digital portfolio will showcase the full breadth of knowledge and skills you’ve acquired during the FUSION program.