Frequently Asked Questions

Drury University > Office of Records & Registration > Frequently Asked Questions

Degree Requirements:

How can I view my progress toward degree requirements?

Students can track their progress toward degree requirements through MyDrury.

Step 1: Login to MyDrury

Step 2: Click on the Student Tab.

Step 3: Click on Course Needs (links located on the left side of the page).

Step 4: Select the link located under the Requirements Summary.

Step 5: Before viewing your Advising Worksheet, it is imperative that you click Recalculate Student Progress. This will ensure that you are viewing your most current information. 

Step 6: Click on Printable Advising Worksheet Report.

How do I declare a major/minor/certificate/special program?

Students may change their majors/minors/programs through MyDrury using the Official Declaration of Major/Minor form.

In order to declare programs of study, students should:

Step 1: Log into MyDrury

Step 2: Select the Student Tab

Step 3: Click on Student Forms

Step 4: Select the appropriate “Declaration of Major” form. (CCPS Declaration of Major/CORE Declaration of Major/FUSION Declaration of Major)

Step 5: Fill out the form and click Submit Form at the end.

On tab one of the form, currently declared programs of study are displayed. Students may remove programs of study by choosing “yes” from the dropdown menu. On tab two, students may declare new programs of study. On tab three, students may change their academic advisor. Students switching from one academic department to another, for their major, must declare a new advisor for the major they will be declaring.

For questions, contact the Office of Records & Registration.

My department chair has approved a substitution or waiver for a requirement within my major/minor/special program. How can I get that substitution or waiver to show up correctly?

In order to change requirements within a major/minor/special program, either through substitution or waiver, Degree Planning in the Office of Records & Registration. must receive an email or written notification from the chair of the department overseeing that requirement.

Whom do I contact to change my advisor?

Day School students may change their academic advisor through MyDrury using the Declaration of Major/Minor form. Students may change their advisor without changing any major/minor information if they so choose.

For questions on how to change an academic advisor, contact the Office of Records & Registration.

Information & Verification:

How do I change my personal information (address, name, etc.) on official Drury University records?

Students who are currently enrolled can submit changes to personal information through MyDrury:

Step 1: Login to MyDrury

Step 2: Click on My profile and settings (located under profile icon in top right corner of page)

Step 3: Click on About me to make changes to your name, or Contact Information to make other changes.

Step 4: Make appropriate changes.

Step 5: Click Save.

Students who are not currently enrolled must submit changes to personal information in the Office of Records & Registration.

For additional information click here.

I need an official verification of my student status. How can I get this?

What is the policy of the Registrar's Office concerning disclosure of student records?


Where can I view the course schedule?

How can I get a copy of my grades?

Current Students: Your final grades are available for you to view on MyDrury.


Step 1: Login to MyDrury.

Step 2: Click on the Student Tab.

Step 3: Click on Grade Report (links located on the left side of the page).

Step 4: Using the dropdown menu, select the desired term.

Step 5: Select either View Final Grade Report or View Midterm Grade Report depending on your needs.

Students who are not currently enrolled can contact the office the Office of Records & Registration.

Will a business office hold prevent me from registering for my courses?

Yes. A student cannot register for courses until all overdue balances have been paid. The student must contact the Business Office to make a payment.


How do I order a transcript and how much does it cost?

Transcripts of credit will be issued by the Office of Records & Registration to all present and former students subject to certain conditions. In order to assure that records are confidential, Drury University issues official transcripts only upon written authorization of the student. Financial obligations to the college must be satisfied.

There is an $8.00 fee for a transcript ordered online through National Student Clearinghouse. The fee is $12.00 when ordered through the Office of Records & Registration.

How long will it take until my transcript is sent?

All transcripts requested are processed and sent within 1-2 business days after the request is received.

Will having a Business Office hold on my account prevent me from obtaining a transcript?

Yes. A student cannot order a transcript until all overdue balances have been paid. The student can contact the Business Office to make a payment.

The information on my transcript is incorrect. How can I get it corrected?

Students who wish to correct information on their transcript should contact the Office of Records & Registration.

Transfer Coursework:

I am planning on taking a course at another university next semester. What do I need to do?

Visit Transfer Credit

How can I tell which of my courses are transfer courses?

All transfer courses in a student’s course history will be listed with a grade of ‘T’. Usually the course title and requirement code differ from that of the class at Drury, if any Drury equivalent exists.

I thought my transfer courses were approved to meet certain requirements. What do I do if they don't show up that way?

The online advising module is set up to accommodate Drury courses, as well as transfer courses having Drury equivalents. Occasionally, a transfer course will fall into the wrong category. A student who believes that this has occurred should contact Office of Records & Registration.

What if my transfer courses aren't on my record at all?

There are many explanations to why a student’s transfer coursework isn’t listed on his or her record.

  • Transfer coursework having a grade below ‘C’ is not accepted by Drury.
  • Transfer courses are removed from a student’s record if that student took an equivalent course at Drury.
  • All transfer credit taken after a student began coursework at Drury must be approved, with official transcripts on file, before the credit will be recorded.

What does the grade 'T' mean?

All transfer courses are entered with a grade of ‘T’, signifying that the course was transferred to Drury. Transfer courses have no effect on a student’s GPA at Drury.