The Robert and Mary Cox Compass Center offers personal and professional discovery to enrich your college experiences and shape your future. It’s the foundation of Your Drury Fusion. Academic advising, career planning, accessibility and disability support, and academic workshops are all under one roof. Before your first semester, you will be working with a team of advisors. Together, you’ll identify academic strengths and weakness, career aptitudes and life goals. This mentorship will continue through graduation.
Student achievement is at the Compass Center’s crux. You’ll be empowered to seek and find your own true north.
In the Cox Compass Center, staff members:
- help students — prospective, current, and alums — envision their personal, academic, and professional goals.
- encourage students to develop critical thinking, problem-solving, and self-advocacy skills.
- teach students to master university tools and resources critical for student success.
- promote the understanding of neurodiversity in learning and work environments.
- promote the understanding of diversity, equity, & inclusion in learning and work environments.
- collaborate with Drury faculty and staff for student success.
- support Your Drury Fusion classes, programming, and goals to help students realize their purpose and passion.
- work with employers, community leaders, colleagues, and alums to promote academic, professional, graduate, service/volunteer, and internship opportunities for students.