About the Nursing Program
Drury University's College of Natural and Mathematical Sciences partners with Cox College to offer a dual degree program that can be completed in four years, resulting in a Bachelor of Arts in Health Science from Drury's traditional day school and a Bachelor of Science in Nursing from Cox College.
Graduates of this dual degree program enjoy a number of benefits to this unique program, including:
- An excellent professional education in nursing coupled with a liberal arts foundation
- Access to engage with the many student experiences available at Drury (e.g., community outreach/volunteering, honor societies, social networks)
- Professional healthcare training allowing them to become high quality, engaged nursing professionals who have the skills and vision necessary to advance their careers and benefit their communities
Students enrolled in this dual degree program will maintain all the privileges of a Drury student for the four years they are in the program. These benefits include:
- Professional and liberal arts education
- Drury financial aid and scholarships
- Advising and mentoring from both Drury and Cox College faculty
- Participation in Drury Health Service Corps
- Participation in Drury activities, and utilization of Drury facilities and services throughout their tenure at Drury and Cox College
- Opportunities for membership in Drury's Health Science honor society and other honor societies (e.g. Tri-Beta, Phi Kappa Phi, Alpha Epsilon Delta) that could provide additional opportunities for post-graduate scholarships
|Dr. Ioana Popescu
Required Courses for the Bachelor of Arts – Health Science Major and/or for Admission to the BSN at Cox
Dr. Ioana Popescu, Drury University Nursing Advisor, can assist you with the various aspects of your professional development. Amy Townsend, Cox College Chair of Undergraduate Nursing, is our contact with Cox College and is available to answer any specific questions you may have regarding nursing requirements.
Important Note: Students participating in this dual degree program are required to enroll in Drury's traditional day school as first-time freshmen prior to attending Cox College.