Accessibility and Disability Scholarships

Outside scholarship opportunities for those who qualify.

Blind and Visually Impaired

  • The Missouri Council of the Blind offers scholarships to legally blind Missouri students pursuing a full time course of study at the undergraduate and graduate levels.
  • Learning Ally offers national achievement awards for high school and college students who have disabilities. 
  • Partial scholarships are offered by the Christian Record Services to legally blind young people enrolling full time in undergraduate degree programs. 
  • The American Federation for the Blind offers seven different scholarships for legally blind students entering or attending a college or university. 
  • The Jewish Guild for the Blind has created an annual scholarship program for college-bound high school students who are legally blind. The GuildScholar Program annually awards 12-15 scholarships to people of all religious backgrounds. 

Deaf and Hard of Hearing

  • In 1975 the Travelers Protective Association of America (TPA) established the TPA Scholarship Trust for the Hearing Impaired to provide financial aid to U.S. residents who need help obtaining mechanical devices, medical or specialized treatment, or specialized education and accommodations directly related to hearing impairment.

Physical Disabilities

  • The Paralyzed Veterans of America (PVA) Scholarships are available to U.S.-citizen PVA members and their spouses or dependent children. Applicants must be accepted or enrolled in a degree program at an accredited U.S. college or university
  • Mays Mission offers scholarships to students with physical and/or mental disabilities who meet academic qualifications and are enrolled full time in undergraduate programs. Deadline: June.
  • The online retailer of mobility equipment has developed the SpinLife Innovation in Motion Scholarship to aid college students who use manual or power wheelchair and are seeking undergraduate degrees at accredited institutions.

Health Related

  • The Hydrocephalus Association offers scholarships to young adults with hydrocephalus. Scholarship funds may be used for a four-year or junior college, a high school post-graduate year to prepare for college, a technical or trade school, an accredited employment-training program or a post-graduate program.
  • The Patient Advocate Foundation offers scholarships to students younger than 25 who have been diagnosed with cancer or critical or life-threatening diseases. Funds can be used for college, university or vocational-technical school tuition fees.
  • The Elizabeth Nash Foundation (ENF) awards scholarships to help people with cystic fibrosis (CF) pursue undergraduate and graduate degrees. The program is open to U.S.-citizen students with CF who are prospective or current undergraduate or graduate students at accredited U.S.-based colleges and universities.
  • Factor Support Network offers multiple scholarship programs. The Mike Hylton & Ron Niederman Memorial Scholarship provides five scholarships for men with hemophilia or von Willebrand Disease and their immediate family members. The Millie Gonzalez Memorial Scholarship provides two scholarships for women with hemophilia or von Willebrand Disease.
  • Each year the Kevin Child Scholarship is awarded for for people affected by bleeding disorders in memory of Kevin Child, who was born with hemophilia and died of AIDS before finishing college. 
  • The L.I.F.E. Scholarship is awarded twice a year to students who have been diagnosed with systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE) and are working toward degrees at accredited U.S. colleges or universities. Each applicant must have a minimum GPA of 3.0 and be involved in at least one extracurricular activity.

Psychological Disabilities

  • Mays Mission offers scholarships to students with physical and/or mental disabilities who meet academic qualifications and are enrolled full time in undergraduate programs. Deadline: June.


  • awards multiple scholarships to help qualified students with disabilities who are enrolled in nursing and nursing-education programs. Preference is given to undergraduate students.
  • Sertoma offers a Communicative Disorders Scholarship Program for students who have been accepted into a graduate-level program in speech/language pathology and/or audiology at a U.S. college or university accredited by ASHA’s Council on Academic Accreditation. The scholarship covers tuition, books and supplies.