About the Nursing Program
Drury University's College of Natural and Mathematical Sciences partners with Cox College to offer a dual degree program that can be completed in four years, resulting in a Bachelor of Arts in Biology from Drury's traditional day school and a Bachelor of Science in Nursing from Cox College. Graduates of this dual degree program have the benefit of an excellent professional education in nursing coupled with a liberal arts foundation. Throughout their four years, students in this program continue to engage with the many student experiences available at Drury (e.g., community outreach/volunteering, honor societies, social networks) to become high quality, engaged nursing professionals who have the skills and vision necessary to advance their careers and benefit their communities. Students participating in this dual degree program are required to attend Drury's traditional day school for two semesters prior to attending Cox College.
Students enrolled in this dual degree program will maintain all the privileges of a Drury student for the four years they are in the program. These benefits include:
- high quality professional and liberal arts education.
- access to Drury financial aid and scholarships.
- advising and mentoring from both Drury and Cox College faculty.
- participation in Drury Health Service Corps.
- participation in Drury activities, and utilization of Drury facilities and services throughout their tenure at Drury and Cox College.
- opportunities for membership in Drury's Health Science honor society and other honor societies (e.g. Tri-Beta, Phi Kappa Phi, Alpha Epsilon Delta) that could provide additional opportunities for post-graduate scholarships.
|Dr. Ioana Popescu
Recommended Course Progression
Dr. Ioana Popescu, Drury University Nursing Advisor, can assist you with the various aspects of your professional development. Amy Townsend, Cox College Chair of Undergraduate Nursing, is our contact with Cox College and is available to answer any specific questions you may have regarding nursing requirements.
Important Note: In order to participate in the dual degree BA Biology/BS Nursing program students must attend Drury day school for two semesters.
Year 1 Fall
CORE-101: The Drury Seminar
CORE 103: Drury Explorations
BIOL 172: Exploring Molecular Biology
CHEM 238: Inorganic Chemistry
CHEM 238-L: Inorganic Chemistry Laboratory
MATH 211: Precalculus
Year 1 Spring
Year 1 Summer
Year 2 Fall
Year 2 Spring
BIOL 378: Advanced Human Physiology I
Year 2 Summer
BIOL 382: Pathophysiology
Fine Arts Elective
Year 3 Fall
SOCI 316: Minority Groups
Year 3 Spring
ENGL 207: Expository Writing: Art of the Essay
Year 3 Summer
PSYC 101: Introduction to Psychology
Year 4 Fall
Year 4 Spring
Fine Arts Elective