Pre-Medical Scholars Programs Eligibility Requirements
These programs allow students to gain early provisional acceptance to medical schools. In addition, these scholars programs either eliminate or reduce the importance of a high MCAT score as a factor for selection. The programs are non-binding; students can exit whenever they want to, but guaranteed acceptance is forfeited.
- ACT composite score of at least 30 or corresponding SAT score
- A cumulative GPA and a science GPA of 3.65 each year for all four years of undergraduate study
- Interview with a SLU admission counselor
- 60 hours shadowing experience prior to the interview
- A cumulative and science GPA of 3.4 or greater
- A grade of B or greater in all the prerequisite courses
- Students must complete 75% of the prerequisite courses at the end of their second year
- Shadowing experience of 100 hours prior to acceptance into the program
- Interview with the KCOM selection committee
- Accepted students must maintain a 3.4 GPA
- Students must be a Missouri resident and have graduated from a rural Missouri high school as defined by the National Center for Education Statistics.
- Eligible students must have shown high academic achievement during high school and maintain a minimum 3.3 cumulative GPA and minimum 3.3 math/science GPA in their university courses.
- Students must also have obtained A or B grades in required lecture and lab courses already taken at the time of their application.
- Candidates must show evidence of leadership and interest in a variety of extracurricular activities.
- Before matriculation into the MU School of Medicine, Bryant Scholars are required to take the Medical College Admissions Test (MCAT) and achieve a minimum score of 502.
- ACT composite of 28 or higher or corresponding SAT score
- An overall GPA of 3.25 or higher and a science GPA of 3.5
- Interview at KCUMB
- Accepted students must maintain an overall GPA of 3.25 and a science GPA of 3.5 each semester of the second and third years.
- After the third year at Drury, accepted students matriculate to KCUMB.
- Cumulative GPA of 3.5 at the end of the second year and a cumulative science GPA of 3.5 in all of the prerequisite courses by obtaining a B- or greater in required courses.
- A shadowing experience of 100 hours prior to the interview
- Interview at the UMKC School of Medicine during September-October of their third or fourth years of undergraduate.
- Students must obtain a cumulative MCAT score of 26 or higher and maintain a cumulative GPA of 3.5 for all four years.