Drury University's School of Education and Child Development is one of Missouri's longest standing accredited teacher preparation programs.
The GRE exam is not an admission requirement.
Transfer in credit
You may be eligible to transfer up to nine credit hours of graduate credit to apply to your degree.
Online and seated options
All programs are offered in a mix of online and seated courses. Five programs can be completed fully online (a few degrees require field experience that can be completed where you live). Seated courses are offered in the evening, starting after 5:20 p.m.
- Most degrees require 30-33 credit hours (programs leading to teacher certification may require more).
- Courses are available in 16-week and 8-week formats.
- Applicants are welcome from any undergraduate discipline; a bachelor's degree in education is not required for entry.
Graduate Education Programs
Many of our Master in Education programs are offered 100% online, as indicated with a * next to their name below.
- Curriculum & Instruction
- Instructional Leadership *
- Instructional Technology *
- Special Education *
- Special Reading
- Integrated Learning *
- Drury Alternative Track in Special Education * M.Ed. degree + Missouri Teaching Certificate
(coursework is 100% online, field experience leading to certificate completed on-site)
Note that DESE certification requirements mean that graduate education degrees do not result in teacher certification on their own. Post-baccalaureate teacher certification programs are offered as a standalone route to certification or to be completed concurrently with an M.Ed. degree. Contact us to discuss your options.
The elementary education program and specific secondary content areas at Drury University are approved by the Missouri Department of Elementary and Secondary Education (DESE). The professional education unit has been approved by the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP). The elementary education program is also approved by the Association for Childhood Education International (ACEI).