Registration Procedures


Students may drop and add coursework by completing an official Drop/Add Form and submitting it to the Registrar’s office. Class non-attendance does not constitute a drop and will not remove charges or prevent a failing grade. 

Internship/Directed Study/Research/Art Studio

The Permission to Register for Special Coursework is required and is available in the registrar’s office.  This form should be completed in addition to the registration or drop/add form.


Registration for more than 17 hours constitutes an overload. An approved Request for Permission to Enroll for an Overload Form must be submitted by 5 p.m. on the first day of the semester. Students will not be able to register for more than 17 hours via MyDrury. Overload hours will result in additional charges.  Tuition assistance is available for courses such as applied music, ensemble music, communication and theatre activities, and professional development courses if taken as part of an overload.


Juniors and seniors have the option of taking an elective course of their choice on an S/U basis.  The last day to designate this option is the end of the second week of classes. Courses that meet graduation requirements may not be taken S/U.

Withdrawal from all Semester Classes

If you must withdraw from your courses before or after the semester begins, written notice to the Dean of Students is essential.  Verbal notification to a faculty or staff member is insufficient to remove charges and prevent failing grades.