Statement on Pending Title IX Lawsuit
January 16, 2019
We were notified today that Drury University has been named in a lawsuit involving a Title IX investigation that took place in 2017. Because this is pending litigation, we cannot comment on details surrounding the case, but we want to assure you that Drury acted with the utmost integrity in investigating this incident.
We have a thorough process for investigating all Title IX allegations; one that ensures the protection of student rights and student welfare. We take that responsibility seriously and are consistent in following a process that exercises extreme diligence.
While it is difficult to read about accusations leveled against Drury, we stand behind the people and the processes we undertook in this case. Student safety is, always has been, and will continue to be a priority.
- Drury’s online Master in Education programs land on U.S. News & World Report’s “best of” list
- Former ambassador to Israel speaks about the state of U.S.-Israeli relations at Drury on Feb. 4
- Drury accounting students to provide free income tax preparation assistance
- Drury recognizes Michelle Arnold with 2018 Distinguished Staff Award
- Drury University offers advising support, degree options for former Vatterott Students
Drury University In the News
- KSPR - Accounting professor Dr. Tiffany Cossey talks about how changes to Missouri tax withholdings could affect your 2018 tax bills
- KOLR - Drury hosts former health insurance executive to talk Medicare
- The New American Colleges & Universities - Drury unveils new plan for undergraduate education
- L.A. Times - The 'blue wave' down ballot? Where Democratic candidates faltered, many liberal measures found success
- News-Leader - Dr. Dan Ponder discusses high voter turnout and results of midterm elections
- KOLR - Student veterans host ceremony to honor other veterans
- KSMU - Dr. Shannon McMurtrey discusses the state of election cyber security
- KOLR Courageous Conversations - Dr. Jonathan Groves speaks about social media self-help and self-harm Part 1 & Part 2
- KY3 - Drury students give free portraits to veterans
- Cyprus (Greece) Mail Online - Dr. Todd Lowery's art exhibit 'You Are Here' opens
- Topeka (Kan.) Capital-Journal - Missouri university will honor Oliver Brown of Brown v. Board of Education
- KY3 - New Drury cybersecurity degree combines business, computer science
About Drury University
Drury offers bright, achieving students a commitment to personalized education and diversity. Students expect - and are expected - to explore great ideas and confront questions that will successfully prepare them for dynamic careers and enhanced lives as active global participants. A Drury education combines professional training with the liberal arts. More than 70 majors and academic programs are available.