What is verification?
Verification is a process where your college confirms the data reported on your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). The Federal Student Aid Office (a part of the US Department of Education) notifies colleges which FAFSAs are selected for verification and requires colleges to request documentation from students that supports income and other information that you reported on your FAFSA.
- Note: Your Financial Aid Administrator at your college may make corrections or updates to your FAFSA based on the documentation you provided to them during the verification process.
How do I know if I was chosen for Verification?
If your FAFSA was selected for the verification process, you will be notified by the Drury University Financial Aid Office by e-mail, generally with your drury.edu address.
What do I do if I am notified?
Start by logging into your MyDrury account with your username and password. If you do not know this information, contact the Help Desk at (417) 873-7300.
- Click on the Financial Aid tab.
- Click "My Award Info" on the left side of the page.
- Click "ACCESS Financial Aid Data":
- Choose the current Award Year that you wish to view more information:
- Select the MENU in the upper left corner.
- Select the Documents & Messages tab. Each document name is a link to either the document or a website to help you complete this requirement.
- Documents for each student will vary depending on how the FAFSA was filed and the verification process in which you were selected, so it is important to log onto your MyDrury account for the most accurate information.
What if I don’t complete verification?
The verification process is only required if a student wishes to receive federal or state financial aid such as grants and/or loans. In other words, those forms of financial aid that the FAFSA helps to determine your eligibility.
Where and how can I send the Financial Aid Office my required information?
Documents can be received several ways:
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fax: 417-873-6909
- Present paperwork at your local campus
- Mail: Financial Aid Office, Drury University, 900 N Benton, Springfield MO 65802
How long does the verification process take?
Once all required documents for your specific verification are received, verification can take as little as 24 hours in non-peak times, but can take longer during peak times (just prior to the start of a new semester). Documents are processed in the order received. It is advised to complete verification when you are first notified to avoid a delay in the processing of your financial aid.
During the verification process it is important to check your e-mail to make sure the Financial Aid Office does not need further information to complete your verification process.
Why was I notified by FAFSA that my application has been corrected?
Once your verification documents are reviewed with your FAFSA, there is sometimes a need to make corrections to your FAFSA based on the information the student has provided. When a correction is requested to your FAFSA, processing will delay your verification by 3 to 5 business days while we wait to receive your corrected FAFSA.
What do I do once verification is complete?
Once your verification process is complete, make sure to log on to your MyDrury account to accept your awards. There may be times that after you have initially accepted your Financial Aid Awards that you will need to do this again, if there are new awards added or your Financial Aid package has changed.
How do I request a Tax Return Transcript or Wage and Income Transcript
You can request a copy of your Tax Return Transcript or Wage and Income Transcript in several ways:
- Request copies of your documents online through the IRS website
- Request copies of your documents by phone at 800-908-9946