Financial Aid for Graduate & Post-Baccalaureate Students

Attention Graduate Students
Students must be fully admitted to a degree seeking program before they can receive financial aid. Students who want to receive financial aid as a graduate or post-baccalaureate student must file the FAFSA and fill out an application for a Stafford Loan. You will need to complete a loan application  in the Financial Aid section of MyDrury. Please review the following eligibility statements to determine if you have to complete additional steps to complete your Financial Aid requirements.

Graduate Students and Financial Aid Eligibility

Graduate students must be fully admitted through the College of Graduate Studies to a degree seeking graduate program and be enrolled at least half-time (3 credit hours) and have a current FAFSA on file in the Financial Aid office in order to be eligible for loans. All courses must be on the student's program of study. Graduate students are eligible for up to $20,500 annually and have an aggregate loan amount of $138,500 that includes undergraduate loans. 

Post Baccalaureate Teacher Certification Students and Financial Aid Eligibility

A Post Baccalaureate (PB) student working on Teacher Certification must be fully admitted through the College of Graduate and Continuing Studies. The student must also be working with the Education Department to establish a program of study that will need to be shared with the Financial Aid office. The PB student must be registered for at least 6 undergraduate hours that are on their program of study. If a student is enrolled in a course that is not listed on their program of study, the course itself will not be eligible for financial aid. Undergraduate loan limits apply to PB students as long as they have loan eligibility left ($12,500 subsidized and unsubsidized for an academic year). Loans are limited to one calendar year unless the student has been formally admitted to the teacher certification program. 

Post Baccalaureate Preparatory Coursework and Financial Aid Eligibility

Students working on pre-requisites for another Title IV aid eligible program must be admitted through the College of Graduate and Continuing Studies as a Post Baccalaureate student. Usually students are working on courses necessary for admission into a graduate program and/or medical program. Financial aid eligibility can be granted for one calendar year. The student must produce for the Financial Aid Office an official letter and list of courses needed from the program for which they are doing the pre-requisites. Only those courses listed from the program are used for calculation of loan eligibility. The student must be registered for at least 6 hours.

Students that do not fulfill above requirements may be eligible for alternative loans. Please visit for more information and application process.

Appealing Financial Aid

Students who who fail to meet the standards of SAP have the option to submit an appeal if being placed on probation is a result of extenuating circumstances. Appeals are reviewed by the Financial Aid Appeal Committee, and must be submitted prior to the last week of the semester a student is requesting aid. The outcome of an appeal is final. If there were not extenuating circumstances that resulted in your lack of academic progress, you are not eligible to submit an appeal. Examples of possible extenuating circumstances are:

  • A death in your immediate family – you must submit a copy of a death certificate.
  • Auto accident – you must submit a police report or an insurance claim.
  • Medical illness/hospitalization – you must submit a letter from your physician or billing statement.