We'll See You This Fall
While the current situation presents a challenge for every college and university in the country, Drury is in a unique position to meet this challenge. Our institution has long focused on small, seminar-style classes rather than filling large lecture halls.
Drury currently has teams in place to closely examine the issues surrounding re-opening on the scheduled date of August 24. These teams will consider a range of options in order to make sound recommendations based on both the university’s unique needs and strengths as well any and all health and safety guidelines local officials have in place at the time.
Plans Under Consideration Include:
- Increasing single occupancy dorm rooms
- Adjustments to Food service
- Ongoing sanitation efforts
- Small, seminar-style classes
Have additional questions? Talk to our admission team to get answers.
Your world has been flipped upside down, but know this: we're still working, determined to be there for you. A lot of your lasts might not happen, but you have a lot of amazing firsts ahead of you and we're here to make sure they happen. During this time of social distancing, our staff has remained connected to assist you with your college decision process. To that end, here are the key steps we have taken to provide you with more time and more resources to help you make your decision.
- The Deposit deadline is moved back one month until June 1, 2020. If you need more time than that, let us know and we can get you an extension.
- Our Living Learning and Themed learning Community housing deadline has also been extended one month until May 15
- We continue to offer virtual admission and financial aid counseling at times that are convenient to you - please contact your admission counselor to set up a time to talk.
- We have created, collected, and curated a number of videos for you to view as a part of our extensive virtual visit and more options are being added daily to allow you to experience Drury from home. Schedule a one to one meeting with a faculty member starting later this week in addition to a meeting with your admission counselor.
- Watch the archive from the March 31 Student-to-Student Video Chat to hear our students answer 90 minutes of questions!
We are here for you. We are ready to listen to your concerns, to find solutions for what’s next in terms of college this fall, and to ease your concerns about process and financial issues.
At Drury, We Go Beyond And You Will Too.
“We will continue to fulfill our mission of educating students and transforming lives here on campus as the semester begins in August,” says Drury President Dr. Tim Cloyd. “While it may look and feel a little different due to any necessary social distancing measures, one thing that will not change is our dual commitment to student success and well-being.”