Drury University Mission, Vision & Values
Transform student lives through personalized education.
Drury is an independent university, church-related, grounded in the liberal arts tradition, and committed to personalized education in a community of scholars who value the arts of teaching and learning. Education at Drury seeks:
- To cultivate spiritual sensibilities and imaginative faculties as well as ethical insight and critical thought;
- To foster the integration of theoretical and practical knowledge; and
- To liberate persons to participate responsibly in and contribute to life in a global community.
Ensure all students are extraordinarily well prepared for a productive career and a life well lived.
Evening & Online
Create a community of lifelong learners who gain the knowledge, skills and values needed to better
themselves and their communities.
Develop responsible leaders who aspire to thrive within their professions and service activities by fostering
the integration of theoretical and practical knowledge.
- Be recognized as best-in-class for our academic excellence and innovative academic experience.
- Be a university of choice among our student populations, driving increased enrollment across all divisions.
- Enhance resources to compete with best-in-class universities in our peer set while remaining good financial stewards and fiduciaries for the present and future.
- Raise Drury University’s overall stature, visibility, and favorability among key constituency groups.
- Provide a superior student experience that contributes to the well-being and safety of all students.
- Create and sustain a strong culture that promotes a sense of unity and personal ownership and responsibility for the health and success of Drury University and its students.
A spirit of community, passionate about student success
- Our students’ best interests come first.
- Our goal is to deliver a personalized education in a challenging, yet supportive environment.
- We are inclusive of all people and perspectives, treating each other with respect of civility.
- Student success is measured by the development of the whole person emphasizing academic achievement, critical thinking and ethical behavior.
- We are creative, innovative problem-solvers eager to embrace and drive positive change.
- We aspire to achieve excellence in all things.