Guidelines for Emailing Students
In an effort to reserve student email for critical information, new communication guidelines have been established that will be included in both the faculty and staff handbooks.
- Only critical, need to know information is to be emailed to students.
- The following departments will have the ability to send emails to all students.
Departments and “power users” are as follows:
|Academic Affairs||Marline Faherty|
|Academic Planning||Cindy Fiedler|
|CCPS||Glori Anne Hedrick|
|Dean of Students||Vicki Harrold|
|Financial Aid||Becky Ahrens|
|Human Resources||Crystal Ponder|
|Technology Seervices||Val Serafimov|
|The President's Office||Bonnie Wilcox|
|Administrative Services||Christy Garrison|
|Alumni & Development||Teresa Skidmore|
|Career Planning||Emily Buckmaster|
In the event that you have mission-critical information to disseminate to all students, please contact one of the aforementioned departments and request their assistance in disseminating your information.
- If you have information that will need to be sent out more than once a month, please contact a Student Communications Committee member to be considered for access to the student email lists.
Student Communications Committee Members
- Andrea Battaglia
- Marline Faherty
- Jennifer Stewart
- If you would like to communicate non-critical information to students, please utilize the following communication platforms:
- If you cancel your event, you do not need to send an email. Rather, change the status of your event in D.Cal to “cancelled” and everyone will know!
- D.Cal: first and foremost, please put your event information on D.Cal, the university’s event calendaring system. It can be accessed from your computer or your mobile phone. Students are encouraged to visit D.Cal regularly for all event information. So if you want your event to be seen, put it on D.Cal!
- Social Media (Facebook, Twitter): 38+ areas of campus have registered sites where you can post a message. Go to www.drury.edu/socialmedia for a list of Drury registered sites and the administrative contact for each.
- Department sections of drury.edu
- Dorm TV and the Commons projector (send PowerPoint to email@example.com)
- Campus bulletin boards, chalk on sidewalks, table tents (Requires prior approval from Dean of Students. Please, no fluorescent paper on tables in Commons.)
- Drury Mirror (send events to firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Community calendar updates (News-Leader, TV stations, 417 Magazine, KSMU, Ozarksfirst.com)
Eight student lists are centrally maintained for official university communication. These lists are deleted and recreated two weeks into the Fall and Spring semesters and are good for general communication, but may not be right for every situation. If you require a more targeted audience or does not fit one of these lists, please see this procedure for creating a mail merge with EX.
DayStudentUGrad1Fresh - All day school Freshmen.
DayStudentUGrad2Soph - All day school Sophomores.
DayStudentUGrad3Junior - All day school Juniors.
DayStudentUGrad4Senior - All day school Seniors and Super Seniors.
DayStudentUGrad - This Listserv list contains all undergrad day students. It is a compilation of all four of the DayStudentUGradXY lists mentioned above.
DayStudentUGradNonRes - All day school students living off campus.
DayStudentUGradRes - All day school students living on campus.
Students-CCPS - All CCPS Students.