Why Live on Campus?
Year after year, Drury's freshmen-to-sophomore & sophomore-to-junior retention rates are higher for residents than commuters.
Studies show that students who live in a residence hall are more likely to:
- Persist to graduation
- Have greater openness to diversity & challenge, which is important for navigating the workforce
- Get more involved in campus activities, which can lead to more leadership positions and a deeper connection to faculty and staff
- Residence hall rooms are fully-furnished & include a mini-fridge and microwave
- Cable TV service, Internet, wireless printing, utilities, trash/recycling, laundry and meals are included
- Housing & meal fees go on the student bill which can be covered with student grants, scholarships and loans
- One refundable deposit, one time, for all 3 years in student housing