Welcome to Career Planning & Development
Welcome to Career Planning & Development! Career Planning & Development offers a variety of resources to students, alumni, faculty and employers. Career Planning & Development is an integral part of the Robert and Mary Cox Compass Center. It offers personal and professional discovery to enrich your college experiences and shape your future. It's the foundation of Your Drury Fusion.
Spring 2021 Events
SP 2021 Virtual Job/Internship Fairs
Job/Internship Fairs are held virtually through Handshake for 2021! Sponsored by Drury and MSU. See your major/industry area below. Register now and sign up for sessions! Make plans to attend a virtual fair prep workshop listed in next section. We highly recommend viewing Handshake's guide to attending a virtual fair. Check out Big Interview for interview guidance and virtual practice. Note: Links will take you to event page on Handshake. Sign in or complete your profile when prompted.
- Business Majors Career Fair: February 9, 9am-1pm
- Marketing, Communication & Arts Career & Networking Fair: February 9, 2pm-6pm
- Manufacturing, Agriculture & Construction/Engineering Career Fair: February 10, 10am-2pm
- Health & Science Career & Networking Fair: February 11, 9am-1pm
- Social Services, Government & Non-Profit Organizations Career & Networking Fair: February 11, 1pm-5pm
- Education Majors Career Fair: February 12, 9am-2pm
- *Architecture Major Career & Design Expo 2021 is coordinated by Drury Hammons School of Architecture and Tau Sigma Delta: March 26, 1pm-5pm
Virtual Job/Internship Fair Prep Workshops
Make plans to attend a virtual fair prep workshop on Zoom or Instagram by our partner hosts at the MSU Career Center to learn more about how to put your best (virtual) foot forward. We highly recommend viewing Handshake's guide to attending a virtual fair. Check out Big Interview for interview guidance and virtual practice.
- January 26, 4pm on Instragram @MSUCareerCenter
- February 2, 1pm and 5pm on Zoom or Handshake's Webinar: Get the Most out of Your Virtual Fair: Student Training Webinar at 5pm CDT
- February 3, 4pm on Zoom
- February 8, 12pm & 5pm on Zoom
"Suit Up" Clothing Sale Event with JCP
Extra 30% off on top of existing sale prices! Text DU1873 to 67292 to receive an online or in-store code. Coupon good through May 2, 2021. Special sales happening January 31-February 5 prior to job fair season on select men’s & women’s career dress apparel, shoes & accessories.
Virtual Career Support
Students have the opportunity to meet with professional staff through Zoom meetings, phone appointments, or in-person (following Panther Plan guidelines) at this time. All of our regularly offered services are available virtually!
Handshake is our online career services and job search platform offered to students and alumni. Use it to schedule appointments with our staff, search for full-time, part-time, internship and on-campus employment opportunities, network with employers, read employer reviews, and more.
All students are pre-registered with Handshake, so just sign-in with your drury.edu email and get started!
Schedule virtual appointments on Handshake. Choose phone or Zoom.
Job & Internship Search
View local and nationwide postings for internships, part-time and full-time opportunities on Handshake. See our Job Search Guide.
Mock Interview Training
Schedule a mock interview with professional staff on Handshake or learn and record yourself on Big Interview.
Career & Major Exploration
Online assessments include MyPlan and YouScience. Schedule a Career & Major Exploration appointment on Handshake.
Coaching can cover a variety of career planning and development topics. Schedule a Career Coaching appointment on Handshake.