Music Auditions and Awards
Music Activity Grant Auditions
Clara Thompson Hall
November 9, 2018 (Fine and Performing Arts Day)
January 19, 2019
February 9, 2019
February 16, 2019
Bachelor of Music Education (BME) Instrumental or Vocal
Bachelor of Music Therapy (BMT)
Bachelor of Arts (BA) in Music
- Music Activity Grant auditions are open to all students (music and non-music majors) who wish to participate in ensembles at Drury.
- Grants are awarded on the basis of demonstrated performance ability.
- Awards up to $4,000 are available per academic year.
- Contest-suitable material is appropriate, with two pieces in contrasting styles. The performance will be followed by a brief evaluation of sight-reading ability.
- Solos requiring accompaniment must be performed with piano. If you do not have an accompanist, we will provide one for you.
- Composers should also submit copies of scores and recordings of their works by the audition deadline.
- Candidates should apply for admission to Drury University before the audition.
- All three award types (Activity Grant, Music Major Award, and Music Major Signature Award) may be held concurrently.
- Students applying for admission to the Department of Music to pursue a major in music (BA, BME, BMT) must prepare a ten-minute audition in their major performing area (instrumental or vocal).
- Literature should be similar to that outlined above.
- All new students will be required to take a theory/ear training and history assessment exam upon arrival on campus.
Awards for Music Majors
- Music Majors are also eligible for the Music Major Award, contingent upon remaining a declared music major throughout the Drury career and maintaining a cumulative 3.0 GPA.
- Prospective music majors may also apply for the Music Major Signature Award, worth up to a total of $10,000. MMHS recipients fulfill all the requirements of the Activity Grant Award and also contribute up to 45 hours of service each semester and maintain a cumulative 3.5 GPA. Please see below for additional application requirements.
Scheduling the Audition
- Applicants wishing to apply for the Music Major Signature Award should fill out the indicated sections of the online registration form.
- Applicants will be notified of the audition appointment time.
- Applicants are strongly encouraged to audition in person. However, video auditions will be considered in the event of a travel hardship.
How to find us
Auditions will be held in Clara Thompson Hall, the central building in the Mabee Performing Arts Center. Travelling north on N. Benton Ave., the Mabee Center will be on your right, across from the intersection of E. Webster St. and N. Benton Ave.
For more information, please contact:
Michelle Arnold, Department of Music
Springfield , Missouri 65802
(417) 873-7296 or (800) 922-2274
Fax: (417) 873-7898