Korea University - Sejong Campus
Why not spend a semester studying at one of the newest campuses of one of the oldest universities in South Korea – Korea University, Sejong campus! Sejong is located about 70 miles south of Seoul and is a major government and educational center. It is connected to Seoul Incheon international airport by the high-speed KTX train.
Study for the entire fall or spring semester. Take courses in English in the following areas:
- College of Science and Technology: Physics, Chemistry, Computer and Information Science, Math, Engineering, Biotechnology, Statistics
- College of Business & Economics: Economics, Management Information Systems, Business Administration
- College of Humanities: Language/Literature, Sociology, North Koreanology
- College of Pharmacy
- School of Public Administration
- School of Sports and Leisure Studies
- School of Global Sport Studies
Additionally, there are a number of elective courses including Korean Language I and II, Korean Culture and more.
Special Program: International Town at Sejong (ITS) (3.0 gpa required)
How would you like to receive $1000 toward your airfare AND FREE room and board for your semester at KU-Sejong? Living in the International Town on campus allows for just that!
Participants agree to following:
- Help Korean students (also ITS participants) to improve their English skills (8 hours/week)
- Participate in ITS events (International Universities Fair, Speech Contest, etc.)
- Take Korean language and Korean culture classes plus 2-3 other courses in English
In return you get:
- Free board (triple room -1 foreign, 2 Korean program participants)
- Free meals (breakfasts and dinners)
- Partial airfare reimbursement (approx. $1000)
- Field trips and other cultural experiences
- Participation in clubs of your choice (i.e. cooking club, travel club, movie club etc.) with KU’s financial back up
- Lots of new friends from KU-Sejong’s partner universities all over the world
There are two English cafes on campus where students enjoy free coffee and snacks, newspapers and magazines in English and board games to play with Korean students and other exchange students.
This program is for one semester, fall or spring, allowing up to four students per year. A non-refundable $400 deposit, required of approved students, must be paid the academic year before participation to guarantee your place in the program. This is later applied to program costs. Students must have a GPA of 3.0 or greater. All participants are expected to attend mandatory orientation sessions the semester before travel.