Quick Facts About Hem Sheela Model School
- 3,200(for the year 2009-2010) K-12
- About 120 experienced and highly qualified teachers selected from India-wide advertisements.
- Officiating Principal, Mr. Soumen Chakraborty (Computer and Information Technology)
- Vice Principal, Mr. Rajeshwar Dubey (Mathematics)
- Chief Coordinator Miss Anindita Home Choudhury (Head of the Department of Biology)
- Teacher-in-Charge Mrs. Ritwika Mukherjee (Primary School at Dhandabag site)
In March 2008, 172 students appeared for the C.B.S.E. Class XII Examination. All scored First Division marks; admission of 17 students for the most prestigious institution in India, the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT); 118 students were admitted to various engineering schools in India, including All India Engineering Entrance Examination (AIEEE); 23 for medical schools; some in General Science with Honors; and others went into various academic disciplines. All high school graduates went for higher education.
Donations are not accepted from parents for admission of their children to the school. No financial support is obtained from the State or the Indian government. A Scholarship Fund is accepted from the U.S.A. for economically challenged and meritorious students. About 120 students so far have received (or are receiving) free tuition.
No school income is accepted by Rabindra N. Roy, Protima K. Roy, Trustees, or Members of the Managing Committee. All the earnings are being used only for the propagation of education and the development of the school. The school account is officially audited every year and the financial aspect of the school is professionally managed.
Sister School Relationship:
The Board of Trustees of Drury University has officially accepted the Hem Sheela Model School as the sister school since May of 2002.
Students with a minimum 90% C.B.S.E. score for the India-wide Class XII examination will automatically get admission at Drury with a $5,000 scholarship + $5,000 for work-study on campus approved in September of 2004. This was approved by Dr. John E. Moore, Jr., the previous President of Drury University.
- The school is steadily moving forward with positive momentum.
- The current challenge is the sustainability and maintenance of the academic success.
- The school is effectively governed by 10 Trustees of the Hem Chandra Sheelabati Memorial Educational Trust.
- The school is professionally managed by 17 members of the Managing Committee.
- The school is affiliated to the Central Board of Secondary Education (C.B.S.E.) in New Delhi.