About Health Services for Students, Faculty, Staff & Dependents
Who can use the Panther Clinic?
- Full-time day students
- All international students
- Full-time faculty
- Full-time staff
- Dependents of faculty & staff covered under Drury University's healthcare plan
- Pediatric patients must be at least 18 months old and accompanied by a parent or guardian.
Bring your photo ID and insurance card, or you'll be considered a self-pay patient.
The Panther Clinic is located in Weiser Gym and has an exterior entrance on the West side facing Drury Lane.
The Panther Clinic is open Monday – Friday, 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. daily with a 30 minute lunch (usually 12:30 - 1 p.m.) with the last patient being seen at 3 p.m. The clinic is closed on official Drury University holidays.
The Panther Clinic is operated by CoxHealth and staffed by a CoxHealth board certified family nurse practitioner. Services provided include treatment of common illnesses, basic checkups, and some vaccinations. Some over-the-counter medications are available for the students (without charge) for self-care of many common ailments and illnesses:
- Cold sores
- Common cold
- Ear wax removal
- Minor skin irritations and/or rashes
- Pinkeye and/or stye
- Seasonal allergies
- Sinus infection
- Sore and/or strep throat
- Upset stomach
- Urinary tract and/or bladder infections
The Panther Clinic staff will provide guidance and/or referrals if further medical assistance is required. Weekend or after hour care is available at various locations including:
- The Clinic at Walmart operated by CoxHealth (3 locations in Springfield and CoxHealth Quick Care inside Hy-Vee) offers services similar to the Panther Clinic.
- Urgent Care (located in the Turner Center at Cox South)
- Cox North Emergency Department (3 blocks from Drury)
- Cox South Emergency Department
- Orthopedic and Sports Injury Walk-In Clinic (located inside the Bone and Joint Center)
- Another health care facility of the student's choice
Services of the Panther Clinic operated by CoxHealth are free to those qualifying groups listed with the exception of diagnostic testing and vaccinations. Students and employees must present their Drury University I.D. and insurance card prior to being seen. If there is no insurance carrier, payment is expected at the time of service for diagnostic testing or vaccinations.
- Pre-participation physicals: $25
- Diagnostic testing
- Gonorrhea and chlamydia (urine-based): $190
- Pregnancy: $25
- Strep test: $30
- Tuberculosis: $25
- Urine dip: $10
- Flu (seasonal): $25
- Meningococcal: $150
- Tetanus: $70