Jobs & Volunteer Opportunities
From time to time, we receive local job listings from organizations here in the Ozarks Region. Some of these positions are paid while others are volunteer positions. We encourage you to look through the current list of available jobs.
- Victim Counselor (Housed at Child Advocacy Center) for The Victim Center
- Director of Administration for United Way of the Ozarks
- Administrative Support Coordinator at Victory Mission + Ministry
- Grant Administrator at The Kitchen, Inc.
The Victim Center is a grassroots nonprofit agency that provides free-of-charge services to men, women, and children victims of violent or sexual crimes. Services include prevention education, counseling, advocacy, and 24-hour crisis intervention. The agency does not provide shelter. Applicants are encouraged to visit our website at thevictimcenter.org.
Primary Work Location:
This is an off-site position that will be housed within the Child Advocacy Center at 1041 E. Walnut, Springfield, MO 65804. TVC is located at 819 Boonville Ave., Springfield, MO 65802
This is a full-time, non-exempt position paid on a salary. Benefits included.
We are seeking a therapist to fill a full-time position. Typical work hours are Monday through Thursday 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Evenings and weekends will be required on occasion.
This is a professional clinical position that requires training and experience in therapeutic techniques proven to be effective with child crime victims. This position will provide individual, family, and group counseling, as well as crisis intervention and court advocacy as needed, to victims of violent and sexual crimes ages 20 and under, as well as to parents/caregivers as needed. Additional responsibilities include maintaining appropriate documentation, ensuring ethical services that meet best-practice standards, and functioning as a member of a multidisciplinary team.
Examples of Work:
Duties include: carrying a full caseload of child/adolescent clients for individual, family, and group counseling; facilitating a variety of groups; providing crisis intervention and advocacy to crime victims of any age over the phone or face-to-face, including responding to hospital and law enforcement agencies; accompanying clients to court proceedings; assisting with day-to-day office duties as needed; and maintaining timely, well-written, and accurate documentation as well as writing clinical summaries and reports for clients as needed.
Candidates must possess a Master Degree in social work, counseling, or clinical psychology from an accredited college or university. Desired applicants must possess licensure as a Licensed Clinical Social Worker or Licensed Professional Counselor, or at minimum possess a LMSW or PLPC license and be working toward full licensure as a LCSW or LPC. Applicants will have excellent oral and written communication skills as well as basic computer skills. Training and/or certifications in current best practices for trauma and victimization such as, but not limited to, Trauma Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (TF-CBT) and EMDR is strongly preferred. Experience in play therapy strongly preferred.
Please submit a resume and a cover letter explaining why you are the best candidate for the position to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Victim Counselor” in the subject line. Interviewees will be required to complete an application. Video applications will not be accepted. Deadline to apply is Friday, June 14, 2019 at 11:59 p.m.
For inquiries, please email email@example.com.
General Position Description:
The Director of Administration is responsible to organize and manage general operations and administrative functions; support the President/CEO, Board of Directors, and Management team; maintenance of property and facilities; and other duties as assigned.
- Provide administrative assistance to the President/CEO.
- Plan/administer board and executive committee meetings-including scheduling, minutes, agendas, packets, etc.
- Coordinates the annual Community Investment process and Partner Agency communications.
- Create/maintain accurate minutes, meeting notices, memos, rosters and official corporate documents.
- Prepare accurate correspondence in a timely manner.
- Accurately maintain corporate records and files (computer and paper).
- Lead Staff for the Emergency Food and Shelter Program (EFSP), providing administrative support.
- Lead staff for daily operations and maintenance for properties owned by United Way of the Ozarks.
- Lead staff for answering and referral of phone calls and processing all mail.
- Ordering of supplies, services and business equipment including telephones (exception of IT equipment and services).
- Manages all aspects of the AARP Senior Community Service Employment Program (SCSEP).
- Manages all aspects of the Cancer and Veterans Assistance Funds.
- Oversees all meeting arrangements and scheduling.
Required Qualifications / Skills:
- High school diploma, bachelor’s degree preferred; and Five (5) years prior work experience required in assisting a CEO or Executive Director of an organization.
- Excellent interpersonal, team building, problem solving and decision-making skills
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy with ability to meet deadlines.
- Excellent oral and written communication and organizational skills
- Computer skills, with knowledge of MS Office; internet research/email communication experience
- Ability to work independently in a professional manner.
$40,000-$45,000 annually plus benefits
Qualified applicants should send their cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Victory Mission’s Administrative Support Coordinator requires the heart of a missionary and the skills of an experienced executive administrative assistant. The successful candidate should be outgoing and friendly with a friendly personality and a natural talent for customer service. We want everyone who enters the Mission to feel welcome. We are looking for an individual who is efficient and comfortable being a member of a team. The ability to multi-task, while managing administrative support, is essential in this position.
- Support to leadership by performing administrative and accounting activities for Administration, Development, Marketing
- Perform accounting functions such as reconciling credit card statements, balancing petty cash, issuing purchase orders, scanning accounting documents into
- Perform human resource functions such as posting job positions, reviewing and responding to applicants, calendaring meetings with managers and potential hires. Proof timesheets and collate payroll details for
- Assist development staff with donor communications from mailings to entering gifts
- Assist in onboarding employees as needed and coordinating benefit details.
- Ordering office and operations supplies as needed
- Proofing letters/brochures/newsletters
- Support with special events as needed
- Answers telephone in a polite and courteous manner and directs calls to appropriate individual making every effort to locate the designated person. Responds to voice mail messages promptly.
- Basic clerical functions as filing, picking up mail, running errands upon request
- Ability to work in a team environment and interact with all levels of Victory Mission staff, volunteers and the public.
- Minimum of 1+ years’ professional office preferred
- 1+ years’ customer service experience preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with QuickBooks and Bill.com preferred
With any position at Springfield Victory
Education and/or Certification
- High school certificate or GED; any business courses are preferred.
- Valid Missouri Driver License that will be approved by our insurer.
Please submit a resume and a cover letter to email@example.com or to PO Box 2884, Springfield, MO 65801. No phone calls preferred
Housing is the key to ending homelessness and restoring individual dignity. Be a part of the team that makes this happen! We are looking for an individual who has a passion for our mission of preventing and ending homelessness in the communities that we serve by providing services with dignity and compassion. You will be responsible for the identification, procurement, and administration of the various grants for the operations of The Kitchen, Inc. You will also be responsible for helping ensure our programs are compliant with related regulations and restrictions.
What does this look like?
- Our grant portfolio currently accounts for $1.2 million of our revenue. We have 3 major grants and 9 smaller grants.
- You will work closely with the Director of Accounting and the program Coordinators to gather information necessary for reports to our funders and to complete grant applications.
- You will work with the Director of Compliance and Programs to conduct regular internal monitoring’s to ensure all government and major grants are within contractual and regulatory guidelines.
- You will identify and research grant opportunities that align with program needs including future needs and then submit applications.
What can you expect?
- Passionate teammates.
- Lots of paperwork as we are dealing with federal grants and working towards accreditation.
- Opportunities to use your analytical skills when completing internal monitorings and determining how we can meet leverage and matching requirements for some of our grants.
- The ability to help make a change in our community by being a part of a team that is helping ensure we have the funding to meet our mission!
- Health, dental, vision and life insurance provided
a reasonable rates.
- Our current Health plan is through Humana and is $73.25 every two weeks for
- Dental and Vision
isthrough MetLife. Dental coverage is $6.98 every two weeks for employee only and Vision is $3.94 every two weeks for employee onlycoverage.
- Bachelor's degree required with one to two years’ experience in grant writing.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should be proficient in database software, spreadsheet software and word processing software.
- Experience in auditing or compliance is beneficial.
Send resume and cover letter to Theresa Oglesby,