Student-produced newspaper, The Mirror, earns statewide awards
SPRINGFIELD, Mo., April 12, 2017 —Drury’s student-produced newspaper founded in 1886, The Mirror, earned five awards at the 2018 Missouri College Media Association (MCMA) Conference on April 7 in St. Charles, Missouri. Current students and recent graduates competed for awards with student staff from college newspapers at Maryville University, Missouri Southern State University, Missouri Western State University, Northwest Missouri State University, Truman State University, and Webster University.
This year’s winners from Drury were as follows:
- Mady McColm, Johan Englen, and Ryan Smith: First Place, Editorial/Op-Ed Page
- Ryan Smith: First Place, Editorial Writing
- Johan Englen: Third Place, Editorial Writing
- Danielle Wheelan: Third Place, Political/Editorial Cartoon
- Courtney Keady: Third Place, Information Graphic
For more information, visit: www.drurymirror.org.