Drury University honors Class of 2020 graduates virtually this week
SPRINGFIELD, Mo., May 12, 2020 — This week Drury University honors graduates in virtual fashion as they conclude their college career. The COVID-19 pandemic has forced the postponement of traditional in-person commencement ceremonies, but it hasn’t dampened the spirit of Drury students and faculty who will celebrate the Class of 2020 this week.
Some of the celebration details include:
- Graduates all received packages in the mail with their caps and gowns, Drury Class of 2020 T-shirts and other fun swag – plus a formal invitation to rescheduled commencement ceremonies on August 14 and 15.
- Drury’s academic departments are hosting celebrations for graduates via Zoom later this week so that graduates can connect with the faculty members and fellow classmates that have made their Drury experience so special.
- Drury President Dr. Tim Cloyd and incoming Alumni Council President John Pope will share video messages with the graduates.
- Drury alumni are encouraged to share photos on social media of their time at DU and their own graduations on a special #ThrowbackThursday on May 14.
- Graduates and their families are encouraged to use the hashtags #DruryAlway along with #DruryGrad to share their congratulations and stories on social media this week.