The department of music is housed in the Mabee Center for the Performing Arts. Clara Thompson Hall of Music contains a large classroom, eight teaching studios and fifteen practice rooms, including one with a Conn electronic organ. Clara Thompson Hall, with a seating capacity of 425, is known for its superb acoustics and houses a French-style Peter Tkach harpsichord, built in 1984, and two Steinway grand pianos.
The O'Bannon Music Center, opened in 1979, contains the music office, five teaching studios, a student lounge, an instrumental rehearsal rooms also equipped as a classroom, and the Sunderland Black Box Theatre.
The Lydy Center, renovated for the expansion of the department in 2004, contains choral and instrumental rehearsal rooms, an intimate recital space, a large classroom, a faculty lounge, and a theatre drafting lab.
Congregational Hall houses the 6,183 square-foot Drury University Center for Music Therapy and Wellness, an on-campus music therapy clinic. Outstanding features of this clinic include both large and small activity rooms with adjoining observation rooms. The clinic serves a growing number and variety of clients both on and off campus including children with autism and learning disabilities, assisted living residents, palliative care, and persons with behavioral health needs.
Stone Chapel, with a seating capacity of 510, houses the "Chalfant" pipe organ, named after William Chalfant, Director of the Drury Conservatory of Music at the turn of the twentieth century. The organ was constructed in 1906 by Lyon and Healy of Chicago. This three manual, 30-rank instrument with approximately 1,400 pipes was substantially renovated between 1990 and 1998. It is utilized by the organ students, for weekend weddings, for the popular Christmas Vespers, and for recitals and other special events in the Chapel.