Adding the D.Cal Web App to Your Smartphone
Want to have easy access to all of Drury's events at your fingertips? You can add D.Cal as a web app to your smart phone, and be just a click away from knowing what's happening on campus. Use the steps below to add the icon to your smartphone based on operating system. If you need additional help, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Launch the Safari browser on Apple’s iOS and navigate to http://events.drury.edu.
- Tap the Share button on the browser’s toolbar — that’s the rectangle with an arrow pointing upward. It’s on the bar at the top of the screen on an iPad, and on the bar at the bottom of the screen on an iPhone or iPod Touch.
- Tap the Add to Home Screen icon in the Share menu.
- The Drury logo icon will now appear on your phone.
- You’ll be prompted to name the shortcut before tapping the Add button. The shortcut can be dragged around and placed anywhere, including in app folders — just like a normal app icon.
- Launch Chrome for Android and navigate to http://events.drury.edu
- Tap the menu button and tap Add to homescreen.
- You’ll be able to enter / edit the name for the shortcut and then Chrome will add it to your home screen.