The Humanities House
Application Deadline: Monday, February 12, 2018
Please contact Dr. Tim Robbins at email@example.com with questions about the experience.
Each year, six undergraduate students are selected to live in the Humanities House, situated in Drury University’s historic Parsonage. This experience is designed to be a unique living and learning community for students. Residents have the opportunity to learn from peers, develop strong relationships with faculty, organize divisional events, and enjoy a memorable and exciting interdisciplinary atmosphere in a tight-knit and supportive community. The Humanities House supports students who are committed to the inherent value, dignity and potential of individuals. Engaged Learning Credit is available!
- Drury students with an interest in the Humanities are encouraged to apply, though preference may be given to students with declared majors or minors in the Humanities.
- You must have a 3.0 cumulative GPA.
- You must be a full-time undergraduate student.
- Must have graduated from high school in August 2017 or earlier.
Working in tandem with the Drury Humanities Society, a student organization, residents have the following responsibilities:
- Contribute relevant written and video posts to Humanities blog.
- Collaborate with other House residents to plan, structure and maintain the division’s social marketing (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.).
- Work with the Drury Society for the Humanities to organize three events per semester. Options include (but not limited to): group dinners, movie night, game nights, pumpkin carving, poetry readings, etc.
- Attend and help facilitate HEC series and talks.
- Work closely with the HEC planning committee to help plan, publicize, and run yearly events.
Application for the Humanities House