Applying for Campus Housing: Transfer Students

All transfers may apply to live in our residence halls, Sunderland, Smith, Wallace. Students who have been out of high school for one full year prior to move-in may apply to live in apartment-style housing.

Mail your New Student Housing Contract (be sure to print the correct year) and the deposit to Drury Office of Admission, 900 N Benton Ave, Springfield, MO 65802. Students should pay a $300 deposit ($100 goes toward tuition, and $200 is the housing deposit). Students who submit their contract and payment by May 1st will receive a housing assignment via Drury e-mail by mid-June. Contracts and payments received after May 1st will be processed throughout the summer.

Spring-entry students should submit the contract and deposit before December 1st.

All full-time day students are required to live on campus unless they meet specific criteria. Complete a Housing Exemption form if want to apply to move off campus, and mail the form and a $100 tuition deposit to Drury Office of Admission, 900 N Benton Ave, Springfield, MO 65802. Students who do not receive email permission to be exempt from the Housing Policy are expected to complete a housing contract and live on campus.

Housing Assignment Considerations

Housing assignments for Smith, Wallace, Sunderland, and the campus apartments are based on date of deposit/receipt of housing contract. We do our best to pair people based on the living habits, interests/hobbies, and extracurricular activities marked on the housing contract.  

When making residence hall, room and roommate assignments, the university does not discriminate based upon race, religion, sexual orientation, disability, nationality, or culture.

A student who marks a preference for gender-inclusive housing may be assigned to a room/suite with students of any gender. Students who do not want gender-inclusive housing will be roomed/suited with students of the same gender, as indicated on their housing contract.