The Honors House is designed to offer students accepted into Drury’s Honors Program an opportunity to engage in discovery, exploration, creativity, and leadership through co-curricular experiences that deepen the honors experience. The four students selected to live in the house will plan programming (most likely Fall and Spring Honors Symposium, Holiday Party, and Spring BBQ) for the Honors Student Association.
For 2020-2021, the Honors House will be located at 410 East Calhoun. The house features multiple living areas (with beautiful columns and a fireplace facade), high ceilings, complete kitchen amenities (with a dishwasher!!!), laundry facilities, large front porch, cable, and off-street parking. There are beautiful hardwood floors on the main level. There are four bedrooms on the second floor, with recently updated carpet. Each resident will have their own bedroom. There are two full bathrooms, one upstairs and one downstairs. The house is within easy walking distance of campus. The Honors House is gender inclusive.
To be eligible for the Honors House, students must be in good standing with the Honors Program and have completed one year at Drury University before moving into the house. Residents may select roommates of a different sex or gender. Students may apply for the house as a group (2-4 people) or as individuals. Groups of four will have a preference in the selection process.
- Participate in the Honors Student Association - Preference for students who hold a leadership position in the organization
- Host Honors Program and Honors Student Association events, including a welcome for new freshmen, movie nights, game nights, and other events.
- Assist in the planning of the Honors Program Fall Trip
- Organize and/or participate in a service project for the Honors Student Association
Application Due Dates
- March 2, 2020 at noon
- Submit one hard copy of your application and supporting documents to Richard Schur in 316 Pearsons AND email one electronic application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Notification of selection: March 9, 2020 at noon via email