About the M.A. in Communication
- Select an emphasis: Integrated Marketing Communications or Organizational Leadership & Change.
- 30 credit hours, six of which are customizable electives to your particular interests.
- Two- or three-year completion options. Can be completed in as few as 18 months.
- Courses include a mix of
evening(seated), blended (seated & online), and online formats in 8- or 16- week intervals (degree program is not currently offered 100% online).
- Blends theoretical understanding of ethical and effective communication principles with cutting-edge knowledge of new communication technologies and social media.
- Courses feature collaborative work with real community clients to solve
real worldproblems in the nonprofit and corporate communities.
- Students will work closely with faculty who are drawn from a variety of academic and professional backgrounds dedicated to your success.
- Drury’s small class sizes, averaging only 15 students in a class, allows you to receive a challenging and personal learning experience.
M.A. Communication Alumni
- Projects connect students with peers, as well as various community and business leaders, creating extensive networking opportunities and life-long connections.
- Graduates hold key positions in sectors such as health technology, nonprofit management, digital marketing, development, and educational leadership.
- For more information on Drury alumni events and benefits, visit the Office of University Advancement
M.A. Communication Learning Outcomes and Assessment
- Ethical Commitment: Graduates will demonstrate
understandingof theories of effective and ethical communication and skills of ethical messaging.
- Conceptual Maturity: Graduates will demonstrate an understanding of major theoretical and methodological frameworks for the explanation, evaluation
andimprovement of human communication phenomena.
- Strategic Vision: Graduates will demonstrate
abilityto identify need, analyze opportunities, articulate vision and develop/execute appropriate strategies of integrated marketing communication and organizational leadership in multiple media.
- Advocacy: Graduates will demonstrate the ability to write and speak in ways that inspire internal commitment and external belief and action.
- Performance Measurement: Graduates will demonstrate the ability to establish and measure key performance metrics, and communicate results to stakeholders.
As no single measure provides sufficient evidence,