Law Enforcement Academy Tuition & Fees
Tuition for the Class A P.O.S.T. Certification academy is $8,610 (subject to change) which includes:
- Use of all weapons
- All ammunition
- Training materials
- Polo-style uniform shirts
In addition to tuition, a $50 nonrefundable application fee must be submitted with the application
The following equipment is required for the academy. The equipment must be police style equipment. Contact academy director for local Springfield dealers.
- BOOTS: black police style, lace up (ROCKY, 9.1.1, THROUGOOD)
- BDU/tactical pants BLACK color similar to these:
- Black workout shorts.
- Good quality running shoes. Do not get court shoes.
- Classroom Supplies
- Pens/ pencils
- 3 ring binder
- water bottle
- Optional but recommended:
- laptop / net-book computer (one is provided in the classroom but you are encouraged to use your own.)
- Majority of the "books" and handouts are on a USB flash drive provided to you. You will have to have a computer at home that can read / use Microsoft Word, PDFs, and Powerpoint.
The following equipment is only required during the handgun or practival portions of the academy. Usually at least one month into the academy.
- Flashlight; police duty style. (Maglight, Mini-mag, Stinger, Streamlight types)
- Handcuffs; one pair of police style cuffs, Smith Wesson, Peerless type.
- Duty belt; Nylon web belt with cuff case, flashlight case, pepper-spray pouch (fit Mark IV canister)
- Range safety protection; Eye protection; needs to be impact resistant. Ear protection , either high
quality plugs or muffs.
- Inclement weather gear. We will shoot in all weather conditions.
- Baseball type hat, (no offensive logos)
Financial aid is available for students who qualify. Applying for financial aid requires a student to be officially admitted to Drury University (apply online). For information contact Drury's Financial Aid Office at (417) 873-7312 or visit the Financial Aid Office. Learn more about new financial aid availability through the Missouri Fast Track Grant.