Whether you’re looking for your next amazing intern or a dynamic new addition to your full-time team, use our resources below to help you find a quality Drury candidate. You can post jobs and internships, set up on-campus recruiting interviews or tables, browse student resumes, learn about internships, and register for job fairs.
See our resource sections below for specific topics, including how to post jobs and internships for DU students and alumni to view! For a handy reference to the type of help Career Planning & Development offers, see this handout.
Career Services at Drury University provides recruiting services to employers who offer employment opportunities to students/alumni that are deemed to be legitimate by our office. We reserve the right to refuse services to employers that do not adhere to our policies, or any other rules/guidelines of Drury University.
- Third-party recruiters must disclose the name of the company/organization they are recruiting for and position title to Career Services. Employers must also include contact information if Career Service deems it necessary to verify that the position is a valid job opportunity. Our office will keep this information confidential.
- Employers must recruit all qualified students, regardless of their race, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, or disability.
- Commission-only positions may be posted on Handshake, but employers will not be allowed to search the resume database. Positions must be listed as such on the job announcement.
- Positions that are located at an individual’s place of residence will not be posted.
- Positions that require students/alumni to purchase products as a condition of employment will not be posted.
- Absolutely no positions will be posted where a fee is paid to the employer by the student/alumni.
Handshake is an online job/internship search platform offered to students and alumni. As an employer, you can post positions here for free that you would like Drury students and alumni to see. All you have to do is register and post!
Handshake offers employers:
- A tool to manage all of your job recruitment needs through the exclusive Handshake campus network.
- A mobile experience - update your job postings, view applicants, search for candidates and reach out directly
- A chance to be seen by ideal candidates – job seekers may select to view jobs based on their interests.
Internships can be a mutually beneficial experience for both the employer and students. To learn more about the benefits and requirements, see our site supervisor handbook and view the video below about interns from Drury University.
Drury sponsors an Annual Job/Internship Fair in February along with 4 area colleges (Missouri State University, Evangel University, Southwest Baptist University and College of the Ozarks) at the Springfield EXPO Center. Approximately 1,000 students and alumni attend the fair with over 200 employers and graduate schools. Employer registration is handled through MSU. Click here for information about registering. Thank you for your interest in recruiting Drury students! We hope to see you at the fair!
Drury also hosts Soak Up Springfield each September. This is an event that will introduce over 400 incoming first-year students as well as returning students, faculty and staff to various businesses and nonprofits in the Springfield area. Drury has a student body of over 1,500 students and we would like to invite your organization to promote what you have to offer to hundreds of our students, many of which are brand new to the area. All money raised from this event will go to support community engagement efforts and leadership development programming.
On Campus Recruiting (OCR) is a great way to reach Drury students. To learn about the options available, check out this simple handout or watch the OCR video below.