The Matthew 25 Project
The vision of the Matthew 25 Project comes from a passage in Matthew 25 (vs. 31-46) where Christ tells His followers to care for "the least of these". The Matthew 25 Project vision comes specifically from verses 35 & 36...
"For I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me drink, I was a stranger and you welcomed me, 36 I was naked and you clothed me, I was sick and you visited me, I was in prison and you came to me.”
The vision of the Matthew 25 Project is to live this passage out by allowing Drury
students, faculty, and staff to serve in a Biblical way on a global scale.
The mission of the Matthew 25 Project is...
To provide Christian & Biblical service opportunities to the Drury student community & the wider Drury family of faculty, staff, and alumni.
To highlight and draw from Drury’s identity as a church-related institution of higher education for the sake of spiritual renewal.
To enhance the Drury community’s actions in serving others whether in the immediate areas of concern near Drury, across the country, or in international settings.
- Monthly Service Projects- practical application of our vision, followed with a time of Bible study & reflection
- Monthly Worship Services- to go along with the monthly service project
- Quarterly Spiritual Speakers (Fall, Winter, Spring)- to add to our goal of Spiritual Renewal
- Bible/Faith-based book Study Group- to encourage Biblical community & Spiritual Renewal
- Annual Worship Service & Concert- to include the wider faith community in the city of Springfield with a focus on Faith-based Community Service
- Annual Spiritual & Service Immersion Project- a mission project that can be Local, Domestic, or International, with our long-term goal being one of each on an annual basis.
- NEW: Monthly Life Talks- monthly lunches open to the entire Drury community where students, staff, and faculty will hear from a Drury faculty or staff member, Drury alumni, or an influential community member. The various speakers will share about their passion, their values, and their calling.
Matthew 25 Project Student Leadership Team
Matthew 25 Project Staff Advisory Team
For more information about this project, contact:
Matthew 25 Project Student Leadership Team - President