A free Microsoft Office subscription is available to be downloaded to personal computers, Macs or PCs, by all students, faculty and staff. The following programs are included:
- Class Notebook
This subscription is valid as long as you are enrolled or employed at Drury University. Also included is 1TB of file storage.
Install Microsoft Office
Before beginning the installation, make sure you have completely uninstalled any previous versions of Microsoft Office.
Log in into your Drury email on a web browser at the Office 365 portal.
Click on Office 365, located at the top right of the screen.
Click the Install Office apps button on the right side of the screen.
Click on the Office 2016 option.
Open and run the downloaded installation file.
Click Close when the download is complete.
Skype for Business
Skype for Business lets you add up to 250 people to online meetings, gives you enterprise-grade security, allows you to manage employee accounts and is integrated into your Office apps.
How to Install
Skype for Business is available to all Drury students, faculty, and staff through our Microsoft Office 365 subscription. (See Office 365 above.)
Enter your entire Drury email address and click Sign In. You will then be prompted for your password.
Support & Training
- Microsoft has a quick course to get your started here: Skype for Business Training
- There are several Quick Start guides available
- Set up a Skype for Business meeting in Outlook
- Join a Skype for Business Meeting
- Use PowerPoint to share a video in a S4B Meeting
- You need a microphone and speakers to participate in a S4B call or meeting. A webcam is needed to video chat.
- Be sure your speakers are in front of your microphone or webcam. This will cut down any chance for feedback or echo for all participants.
- Join your meetings early to give yourself time to troubleshoot.
- Use a wired connection whenever you can.
- Find a quiet, well-lit place for your calls.
- Find another S4B user nearby and get used to the functions.
- Use large fonts and simple backgrounds for PowerPoint presentations.
- Avoid presenting in the lower-right corner - that's where the audience may see their own camera in Picture-in-Picture views.
At drury.onthehub.com, downloads include:
- Windows 10
- Adobe Creative Cloud
- IBM Cloud
- Virtualization software
- Security software