Secretaries are the behind the scene organizers that ensure all organization activities run smoothly. Secretaries work closely with group members and other group officers by keeping records of group meetings and managing day to day operations.
Role of the Secretary
- Manage small details
- Effective communicator
- Always have accessible records
- Archive all major decisions
- Ensure new recruits are welcomed
Responsibilities of the Secretary
- Take minutes of every official group meeting
- Publish an agenda for all group meetings
- Manage all group social media outlets
- Manage group email
- Archive all major group decisions
Attributes of a good Secretary
- Organized: Able to organize and manage multiple responsibilities at once
- Record: Always attentive during group meetings in order to record accurate minutes.
- Dedicated: Understands the importance of being present to manage day to day operations.
- Energize: Able to use social media outlets to excite current members and market the group to potential new members.
- Relate: Manage an archive that can be used as a reference to relate to when making decisions.