Renew an Organization
Existing student organizations and club sports should renew with the Student Activities Office to take full advantage of the benefits offered to recognized student organizations. This process also provides Student Activities Office with contact information, enables our office to provide support, resources and promotion of these groups to interested students through publications, events, and social media.
Benefits of Renewal
- Advising - Assistance from the Student Activities Office and other relevant offices on campus pertaining to your organization
- Banking - Free banking through the Business Office in Burnham Hall including tax-exempt status (as part of Drury University’s status)
- Email - Access to a university email address for your organization
- Facilities - Access to Drury University facilities and space for student organization activities, meetings, and events
- Funding - Eligibility for funding through the Student Government Association (SGA)
- Name - Permission to use “Drury University” in the student organization's name
- Promotion - Table at Student Activities Fair, inclusion on our list of student organizaitons, social media recognition, & permission to use D.Cal
- Resources - Access to the Student Activities Supply Check-Out
- Training - Access to free leadership training on various topics such as event planning, fund raising, web design, etc.
Steps to Renew Your Group
Renewing a current student organization takes about two weeks. These step-by-step instructions will assist you in completing the renewal process:
- Review the list of student organizations and note any corrections that need to be made to your organization's page.
- Register your social media accounts
- Complete the Renewal Agreement Form, making changes you noted in Step 1.
- Attend a Student Organization Training Workshop
- Receive Renewal Confirmation
Once your group has completed all required materials to the Student Activities Office, a Renewal Confirmation Letter will be sent from the Student Activities Office. Keep the official renewal confirmation letter on file for the remainder of the officer term as determined by the organization. Once your organization holds elections and new officers are elected, a new Renewal Agreement will have to be submitted to the Student Activities Office and the process will have to be completed again by the new leadership.