Register an Organization
New student organizations and club sports are required to register with the Student Activities Office. This process provides the Student Activities Office with officer contact information, enables our office to provide support & resources, and to promote these organizations to interested students through publications, events, and social media.
Benefits of Registration
- Advising - Assistance from the Student Activities Office and other relevant offices on campus pertaining to your organization
- Banking - Free banking through the Business Office in Burnham Hall, including tax-exempt status (as part of Drury University’s status)
- Email - Access to a university email address for your organization
- Facilities - Access to Drury University facilities and space for student organization activities, meetings, and events
- Funding - Eligibility for funding through the Student Government Association (SGA)
- Name - Permission to use “Drury University” in the student organization's name
- Promotion - Table at Student Activities Fair, inclusion on our list of student organizations, social media recognition, & permission to use D.Cal
- Resources - Free access to the Student Activities Supply Check-Out
- Training - Access to free leadership training on various topics such as event planning, fund raising, web design, etc.
Steps to Register Your Organization
Starting a new student organization or club sport is a process that takes about six weeks. These step-by-step instructions will guide through the process:
- Review the Student Organizations Policy.
- Register any social media accounts.
- Complete the Registration Agreement.
- Be approved by the Student Affairs Committee.Upon receiving all required materials, the Student Activities Office will submit the organization's information to the Student Affairs Committee for review. The Student Activities Office will contact the organization to confirm submission of information to the Student Affairs Committee for the organization review. Organization officers are welcome and encouraged to attend the Student Affairs Committee review meeting. All materials must be submitted to the Student Activities Office one week before the SAC meeting to be considered for approval.
- Have any 2 student officers attend a Student Organization Training Workshop.
- Complete a New Budget Account Request.
- Receive a Registration Confirmation email from the Student Activities Office once all required steps have been completed. Keep the official registration confirmation email on file for your organization. Once the organization holds elections and elects new officers, the new leadership must go through the Renewal Process in order to stay an active organization.