Master of Arts in Studio Art and Theory
The Summer Institute for Visual Arts at Drury University provides an intensive two-month period each summer to focus on artistic development in a critically driven environment while earning graduate level course credit toward a Master of Arts in Studio Art and Theory (MART) degree.
Our unique three-summer program structure offers small class sizes, access to a wide range of facilities and resources, and the opportunity to work directly with professionally engaged faculty.
WHO SHOULD APPLY?
- Emerging and aspiring artists who hold an undergraduate degree (from any field) who wish to develop their art practice.
- Artists further in their career looking to participate in a critical dialogue and reinvigorate their art practice.
- Artists working in any medium (painting, sculpture, photography, ceramics, etc.) including video and other electronic media, installation, performance, socially-engaged and hybrid practices.
- Artists who wish to develop a portfolio for application to an MFA program.
- Non-degree seeking (or post-graduate) students interested in the opportunity to work with our visiting artist fellows.
- Art educators wanting to pursue their Masters degree during the summer months.