Satisfactory & Unsatisfactory Grades

A student officially classified as a junior or senior may register for one course per semester on a Satisfactory or Unsatisfactory basis. Students planning on taking a course on a S/U basis must turn in the required paperwork by the end of the second week of school.

A grade of Satisfactory will be awarded to students who perform at the C level or better in a in S/U course. A student receiving a grade of U will not receive the credit toward graduation. S/U courses are not included in the cumulative grade point average.

Only four undergraduate courses total may be taken on a S/U basis with the exception of the following:

  • Internships
  • Teacher aiding
  • Convocation
  • Writing tutorial
  • Communication activity courses
  • Community service
  • May term courses
  • One-hour selected topics minicourses

The following types of courses may not be taken on a S/U basis:

  • Courses in a student's major or minor
  • Courses taken to fulfill graduation requirements
  • Honors courses (excluding community service)