Satisfactory & Unsatisfactory Grades
A student officially classified as a junior or senior may register for one course per semester on a Satisfactory or Unsatisfactory basis. Students planning on taking a course on a S/U basis must turn in the required paperwork by the end of the second week of school.
A grade of Satisfactory will be awarded to students who perform at the C level or better in a in S/U course. A student receiving a grade of U will not receive the credit toward graduation. S/U courses are not included in the cumulative grade point average.
Only four undergraduate courses total may be taken on a S/U basis with the exception of the following:
- Teacher aiding
- Writing tutorial
- Communication activity courses
- Community service
- May term courses
- One-hour selected topics minicourses
The following types of courses may not be taken on a S/U basis:
- Courses in a student's major or minor
- Courses taken to fulfill graduation requirements
- Honors courses (excluding community service)