Incomplete Grades

An I grade is given for incomplete work only if illness or other unavoidable causes prevent the student from completing the course.

An I grade is given only at the discretion of the instructor in cooperation with the student. The student is responsible for contacting the instructor and determining what must be done to remove the I grade.

Course work must be completed and the I grade replaced with a letter grade within six weeks after the beginning of the semester (fall or spring) immediately following the semester in which the I was received.

If a grade of I is not removed within the time period allowed, then the I grade will automatically be changed to an F.

A specified extension of time for removal of the incomplete grade may be granted by the Office of Academic Affairs.

Until the grade has been formally recorded, the course will not be considered as hours attempted and thus will not be a part of the cumulative grade point average.