Jobs & Volunteer Opportunities
From time to time we get local job listings from organizations here in the Ozarks Region. Some of these positions are paid while others are volunteer positions. We encourage you to look through the current list of available jobs.
- Behavior Analyst (Kansas City) at Arc of the Ozarks
- Licensed Psychologist at Arc of the Ozarks
- Director of Sponsor Relations at Children's Miracle Network Hospitals at CoxHealth
- Community Engagement Coordinator at the Doula Foundation
- Special Events Coordinator at Big Brothers Big Sisters of the Ozarks
- Chief Executive Officers (CEO) at Big Brothers Big Sisters of the Ozarks
- Central Services Accountant at North Point Church
- Parish Campaign Director at the Diocese of Springfield-Cape Girardeau
- Office Manager at Springfield Ballet
Date Posted: 7/25/2016
The Behavior Analyst (BA) is responsible for developing, implementing, and training caregivers to implement behavior support plans and skills acquisition programming for clients of all ages served by The Arc of the Ozarks ABA Services department. The BA will conduct functional behavior assessments and analogue functional analyses, and analyze a wide variety of objective data. The BA will conduct preference assessments, skills assessments, as well as other experimentally validated assessments. The BA will assist with data based intervention and therapeutic program evaluations. The BA is also responsible for providing training for staff members and other caregivers on implementing general and client-specific positive behavior supports, and for monitoring the degree with which staff implement specified behavior supports.
The BA must have excellent reasoning, analytical and communication skills. A strong attention to detail, patience and perseverance are paramount, but it is also important the BA be an empathetic, emotionally stable leader. The BA must be able to make behavioral recommendations that are data and research-based, and modify behavioral supports according to behavioral data, logistical issues, and feedback from team members.
The BA will use behavioral observation and assessment, and crisis intervention and prevention skills on a daily basis. The BA must be able to provide support to individuals by developing effective positive behavior support plans and appropriate training on such interventions. The BA must be able to remain calm and provide verbal coaching and modeling in crisis situations.
The BA will have considerable knowledge in using applied behavior analysis in residential, education, and in-home settings.
Minimum Experience & Training Qualifications
One year of professional experience in working with persons with intellectual disabilities and/or mental illness. Specific experience with individuals with developmental disabilities and/or psychiatric disorders is required. Graduation from an accredited college or university with a Masters Degree with a specialization in one of the following: behavior analysis, special education, early childhood education, psychology, social work, sociology, or counseling. Current Board Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA) certification and Missouri Behavior Analyst licensure (LBA).
Apply Online for Behavior Analyst-Kansas City Division at www.thearcoftheozarks.org
Date Posted: 7/5/2016
This position is partially responsible for developing, implementing, and training employees to implement intervention techniques predicted by specific issues Arc of the Ozarks' clients present with.
The Licensed Psychologist will conduct annual psychological evaluations on referred clients. The Licensed Psychologist will also assist with intervention and therapeutic program evaluations. Out-patient and In-home counseling services will also be conducted.
Minimum Experience and Training Qualifications
Six years of professional experience in working with persons with intellectual disabilities or mental illness. Specific experience with individuals with psychiatric disorders is required. Graduation from an accredited college or university with a Doctoral Degree with a specialization in one of the following: special education, early childhood education, psychology, social work, sociology, or counseling. Ability to obtain and maintain licensure as a Licensed Psychologist.
Please visit www.thearcoftheozarks.org/careers to apply.
Date Posted: 6/23/2016
Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals at CoxHealth in Springfield, Missour is accepting applications for the Director of Sponsor Relations. Candidates should have excellent communication and organizational skills with two or more years of fundraising and/or sales experience preferred. Successful candidates will want to be part of a successful team and be self-motivated individuals with impeccable integrity.
Prior experience in fundraising and marketing, which includes organizing special events, sponsor solicitation, preparing campaign materials and newsletters for direct mail, volunteer recruitment, fundraising program creation, database management, prospecting and research for donors, experience with social media as well as a proven record of stewardship is preferred. The Director of Sponsor Relations is a fundraising professional dedicated to fulfilling the mission of both CoxHealth and Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals. Training in fundraising methodologies through an organization like the Association of Fundraising Professionals is preferred.
This is an exempt position with daytime hours Monday through Friday and occasional work during evenings and weekends.
To apply, go to coxhealth.com and complete the electronic application.
Date Posted: 6/20/2016
The Community Engagement Coordinator is responsible for the planning and design of activities, programs and materials that promote the positive image of the Doula Foundation. This position creates and disseminates marketing and communication materials, represents the Foundation at community/public events, serves as the media liaison, assists with the planning and execution of special events, builds and maintains the volunteer base, assists with grant writing, cultivates community relationships to further the Foundation’s mission, and provides support to advocacy efforts at the local and state level. The Community Engagement Coordinator reports to the Chief Executive Officer.
- Creates, updates and maintains website, newsletters, press releases, social media and other marketing and communication materials
- Develops and executes annual community engagement plan according to the Foundation’s needs and capacity. Engagement activities would include community/public event participation, communication/media calendar, speaking engagements, community committee/task force participation, donor/volunteer recognitions, etc.
- Coordinates special events including the solicitation of sponsorships
- Cultivates strong relationships with community partners, referring agencies, the media, Foundation supporters and donors, and assists in community programs and presentations
- Assists in the management of fiscal operations including budget development and monitoring of expenditures
- Coordinates volunteer recruitment, training, maintenance and recognition
- Maintains accurate donor information through E-Tapestry software
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in communication, marketing, business or closely related field
- Minimum of two years of experience in marketing, public relations, development or sales
- Skilled in Microsoft Office programs
- Special event experience
- E-Tapestry experience preferred
- Strong social media, constant contact and other relevant media/website experience preferred
- Strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
- Creative, strategic and analytical thinker with the ability to manage multiple projects.
- Must be highly organized and able to work well with others
- Motivated self-starter with the ability to work independently to accomplish organizational goals and objectives
- Valid Missouri driver’s license, reliable transportation and proof of liability insurance required
Salary Range and Benefits: $29,000 - $32,000, Paid Time Off and Holidays
Please submit cover letter and resume to Sue Robinson at email@example.com by July 8, 2016.
Date Posted: 6/15/2016
Big Brothers Big Sisters of the Ozarks (BBBSO) seeks a rock-star Special Events Coordinator to manage our fundraising events, which make up about half of our million dollar budget. This revenue helps us to continue to grow our organization and deepen our impact on the communities we serve.
Nationally, Big Brothers Big Sisters of America serves more than 200,000 children annually, and locally the agency served nearly 650 children in 2015 with a one million dollar budget. In 2015, BBBSO was one of the top 16 agencies out of over 325 agencies nationwide to receive the Gold Standard Award. This award recognizes agencies that have demonstrated exemplarily high achievement and measured quality outcomes for the children and families they serve in their communities.
The Special Events Coordinator of BBBSO will report to the Executive Vice President and is responsible for the planning and implementation of all agency special event fundraising activities. This involves administering and coordinating all functions necessary to reach the goals, objectives, and directives set by the Executive Vice President, Chief Executive Officer, and the Board of Directors while effectively working alongside committees.
The ideal candidate will be an exceptional communicator who is highly organized and will possess fundraising event planning experience; enthusiasm for developing resources to support the mission of Big Brothers Big Sisters; and the ability to multi-task and stay calm under pressure. The position includes a competitive benefit package of health, dental, and life insurance. A Simple IRA is provided, with an Agency match of up to 3% of base salary. Employees are eligible to participate in the Simple IRA at the first open enrollment following one year of employment. All employees have the opportunity to earn up to 10% of their base salary throughout the fiscal year through a growth incentive program tied to revenue and program metrics being met. Eight paid holidays are provided, along with accrued paid time off of 160 hours for employees with 0-1 years of tenure.
Interested candidates may email a resume (including a cover letter) and completed application to Marissa Weaver, Executive Vice President at firstname.lastname@example.org. Questions regarding the position may also be directed to this email address. Date of first consideration is June 22, 2016.
BBBSO is an equal opportunity employer.
Date Posted: 6/7/2016
Big Brothers Big Sisters of the Ozarks (BBBSO) seeks a dynamic and results-oriented CEO to continue to grow our organization and deepen our impact and relevance to the communities we serve. Big Brothers Big Sisters matches children ages 6-18 with volunteer mentors to help children facing adversity achieve measurable outcomes leading to lifelong success. Independent research has proven that our mentoring model has a direct, measurable and lasting impact. Children in our programs are more likely to graduate from high school and less likely to be involved in violence.
Nationally, Big Brothers Big Sisters of America serves more than 200,000 children annually and locally the agency served nearly 650 children in 2015 with a one million budget. In 2015 BBBSO was one of the top 16 agencies out of over 325 agencies nationwide to receive the Gold Standard Award. This award recognizes agencies that have demonstrated exemplarily high achievement and measured quality outcomes for the children and families they serve in their communities.
The CEO of BBBSO will report to the Board of Directors and is responsible for programmatic, fundraising, financial and administrative management of the agency.
The CEO will be expected to play a strong, visible and strategic role in developing and implementing strategic plans to promote growth, impact and long-term sustainability. Effective fundraising, especially with major donors, is an essential part of this job, as is development and management of a talented staff. The CEO will be expected to work closely and productively with the Board of Directors and with active committees engaged in substantive roles in Fund Development and Governance.
The ideal candidate will be an exceptional communicator with a deep commitment to youth development and will possess fund development experience; enthusiasm for developing resources to support the mission of Big Brothers Big Sisters; a clear understanding of the value of a broad and diverse volunteer base and how to achieve it; interest and skill in Board and staff development; and the ability to serve as an articulate and persuasive spokesperson for the organization.
The position includes a competitive benefit package of health, dental and life insurance. A Simple IRA is provided, with an Agency match of up to 3% of base salary. Employees are eligible to participate in the Simple IRA at the first open enrollment following one year of employment. All employees have the opportunity to earn up to 10% of their base salary throughout the fiscal year through a growth incentive program tied to revenue and program metrics being met. Eight paid holidays are provided, along with accrued paid time off of 160 hours for employees with 0-1 years of tenure.
For a full job description and to download an application, please visit our website at www.bigbro.com/ceo. Date of first consideration is June 24, 2016.
BBBSO is an equal opportunity employer.
Date Posted: 5/16/2016
North Point is a simple, strategic, results oriented church focused on reaching people over keeping people. The Accountant will oversee the financial details, processes and procedures of North Point Church. They will serve the church by providing appropriate and accurate accounting records and financial statements for the church and overview the compliance of filing of tax required reporting forms.
Anticipated Part-Time Hours: 25 Hours per week, Monday – Wednesday
Anticipated Full-Time Hours: 40 Hours per week Saturday – Wednesday
Finance – General
- Work closely with the Leadership Team in establishing budgets.
- Work closely with the Leadership Team in developing and implementing accounting policies and procedures.
- Organize the preparation of all tax filings for the church and make sure all IRS and governmental obligations are met.
- Organize quarterly and annual reporting of self-employment taxes and Form 1099 for contract workers.
- Oversee all payroll requirements for salaried and hourly employees including benefits such as pension plans and health insurance
- Prepare semi-annual giving statements.
- To keep confidential all financial contribution information.
- To prepare for and cooperate with those appointed to perform a yearly audit of financial records.
Finance – Regular duties
- Responsible for the processing, depositing, recording and disbursement of all church monies in accordance with established accounting principles and policies of the church.
- Oversee all bank accounts and banking transactions. Maintain accurate and up-to-date records of all financial transactions.
- Oversee the processing of accounts payable and make sure they are properly approved and paid in a timely manner.
- Prepare weekly and monthly reconciliations between the contributions module and general ledger.
- Prepares monthly financial statements including an analysis of actual versus budget results to be reported to the Leadership Team monthly. Anticipate any significant changes to the budget for unexpected expenditures.
- Create and maintain capital expenditure documentation including fixed assets
- To enter all invoices submitted for payment, cut checks, submit for signature, and prepare for mailing.
- To process payroll on a biweekly basis.
- To prepare monthly reports for the Church Board and individual ministry teams.
- To perform other necessary and related work as may be assigned.
- A minimum of an associate’s degree in accounting from an accredited educational institution.
- Practical experience in fund‐based accounting and account reconciliation.
- A demonstrated Christian faith commitment.
- Demonstrated proficiency in computer skills including MS Word, Excel and Access, and specific fund‐ based accounting software.
- Attention to detail and precision in account reconciliation and report generation.
- A commitment to good interpersonal relationships, teamwork and support of church ministries.
- A commitment to confidentiality regarding all account records, both of the church and staff, and the members.
- Solid understanding of creating financial statements, general ledger coding, journal entries and bank reconciliations.
- 3+ year’s experience working in accounting.
Team player, positive attitude, high commitment to the local church, willingness to learn and be self-motivated, willingness to do whatever it takes, contributor, not a consultant, prefers a fast and flexible work environment.
If you are confident you fit the bill, we want to talk to you.
Send your application packet here.
- Take some tests:
- Self discovery: Complete this Work History and Self Assessment form. Make sure to include the results from the tests completed in step 1.
- Assemble your application packet.
Your finished application packet should include the following:
- Resume including at least 3 references
- Work History and Self Assessment form including test scores
- Send it in!
Make sure you’ve completed each of the steps we won’t consider any applications that are not complete. Send it here.
Date Posted: 5/9/2016
Full-Time Temporary Position (7-8 months)
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field
- Ability to work as a team member
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Ability to follow instructions
- Problem solving skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of annual, major and/or capital giving programs (helpful, but not necessary)
- Valid driver’s license
The Diocese of Springfield–Cape Girardeau spreads across 39 counties in southern Missouri. It contains over 25,000 square miles. The diocese consists of 66 parishes, 18 missions and 4 chapels. Its sacred purpose is for Catholics in the diocese to joyfully live their Catholic faith as intentional disciples, leading all to a full life in Jesus Christ.
Accountability: Director of Development and Properties & Campaign Consultant
Office Location: The Catholic Center, Springfield, MO
- Travel throughout southern Missouri (75%)
- Assist in the implementation of parish campaigns in southern Missouri
- Work with pastors, parish secretaries and volunteers in parishes
- Help develop prospect list in parishes
- Draft various campaign letters and other communications in assigned parishes
- Prepare bulletin announcements in assigned parishes
- Monitor campaign plans and strategies on the parish level
- Assist in training volunteers in assigned parishes
- Monitor campaign progress in assigned parishes
- Provide campaign progress reports to the Director of Development and Properties and to the campaign consultant
- Perform other duties assigned by the Director of Development and Properties and by the campaign consultant
Salary: Salary commensurate with education and experience
Deadline: Resumes are due by 4:00pm on Friday, May 27, 2016.
Direct inquiries to:
Dr. Gene Aug, The Catholic Center, 601 South Jefferson, Springfield, MO 65806 email@example.com
Date Posted: 3/21/2016
Salary: Non-Exempt (Hourly)
Status: NON-VARAIBLE-requiring hours of service that would average at least 30 hours of service per week (Full Time)
Schedule: Monday-Friday, 10 a.m.- 7 p.m., some degree of flexibility with hours/days (approximately 35 hours per week); some weekends required.
Mission Statement: Springfield Ballet, Inc. is a not-for-profit organization dedicated to advancing the art of ballet through premier education, performance, outreach and collaboration.
Core Values: Commitment, Professionalism, Knowledge, Respect, Excellence, Confidence, Discipline
Job Summary: Reporting directly to the Executive Director, Office Manager serves as the first point of contact for all Springfield Ballet customers and provides necessary marketing and media support for all school, development, and administrative activities of Springfield Ballet, Inc. The Office Manager works closely with the Artistic & School Director, the Associate Director and the School Faculty to achieve goals related to the productions and school.
Experience: Experience in working on marketing campaigns and creating promotional materials preferred but not required. Clerical experience, customer service and/or fundraising experience desirable. Graphic design experience desired.
Education: High school diploma or G.E.D. required. College and arts background necessary. Preferably having or working on a degree in marketing, public relations, arts administration or similar.
Technical Skills: Knowledge of Microsoft Office programs including Word, Excel, Outlook and Publisher. Working knowledge of media production including video editing. Knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, InDesign and preferably Adobe Illustrator. Ability to operate and maintain a personal computer and telephone system. Ability to learn and operate Danceworks software. Ability to learn and operate basic functions of QuickBooks software.
Work Environment: Must be willing and able to adapt to change in a dynamic work environment with moderate noise level. Must demonstrate pleasant demeanor when working with varied constituencies and personalities, including working as a part of a team-oriented work environment. Individual should be creative, outgoing, self-motivated, organized, and pay attention to detail. Strong time-management and communication skills required. Must be able to manage multiple projects simultaneously. Individual should be able to suggest marketing and public relations strategies to grow and build audiences for events and productions.
Essential Job Functions/Specific Job Duties:
- Adhere to mission, vision, and values of Springfield Ballet. Adhere to all policies and procedures for Springfield Ballet as set forth by Springfield Ballet’s Board of Directors (SBBOD).
- Manage office projects as assigned.
- Participate in school registration each semester. Accept new enrollments, enter and maintain data in Danceworks software.
- Manage customer database(s).
- Maintain a clean, organized front office area as well as waiting areas and common hallways in the Creamery Arts Center (after Springfield Ballet usage).
- Collect, enter, and process select customer payments into QuickBooks.
- Set up tuition payment plans in QuickBooks. Process monthly statements.
- Serve as direct contact for parents/customers and as liaison between staff and customers as necessary.
- Secure new program sponsorships and in-kind donations for special events by cold calling area businesses and following up as necessary.
- Create and disseminate monthly e-newsletter in Constant Contact. Work with staff to develop and edit content.
- Maintain event calendar, community event calendars and website content. Ensure all information is up-to-date and accurate.
- Serve as a staff liaison to the Springfield Ballet Guild.
- Create promotional materials as assigned for creative projects including but not limited to: productions, special events and Springfield Ballet School.
- Develop and maintain all social media projects to help grow and continue to develop Springfield Ballet’s audiences for events and grow registration for Springfield Ballet’s school.
- Develop video and other media materials for marketing campaigns and for grant materials.
- Other duties as necessary and/or as assigned.
Other Physical and/or Special Requirements:
- Working on computer for long periods of time.
- Sitting for long periods of time.
- Some car travel required (to events, to run errands, etc.).
- Must be able to lift up to 50lbs when moving boxes and supplies for special events.
A job description does not list the entire job duties a supervisor or manager may occasionally ask an employee to perform. An employee’s evaluation is based, in part, upon their performance of tasks listed and other duties that may be assigned. Management reserves the right to revise the job description from time to time. This job description is not a contract of employment, and either the employee or the employer may terminate the job at any time for any reason. Individual will be required to perform the essential functions of this position, with or without reasonable accommodation.
Interested applicants should send the below Springfield Ballet application, cover letter and resume to: