2018 Freshman Move-In Day / New Student Orientation
Move-In Day is on Friday, August 17. New students can begin moving in starting at 8 a.m. Please plan to arrive no later than 11:30 a.m. We will have crews to help you unload your vehicles and take everything up to your room. There are designated routes you should use to get to your appropriate unloading station. When you arrive, please make sure you are at the correct location for your assigned Residence Hall. Please see the Move-In Day Route Map below.
- Smith Hall – Enter Lot B from Calhoun Street and then exit onto Summit Street
- Sunderland Hall – Pull into the entrance of parking lot C off Calhoun St (enter from Benton St)
- Wallace Hall - Drive north on Drury Lane and into the circle drive by the fountains
When you arrive at your designated unloading station, you will be greeted with a team to help you unload your belongings (if you arrive before noon). Students will need to check in at their Residence Hall lobby to receive their room keys and student ID (if you attended Freshman First Day and had your photo taken). Family should stay with your belongings. Once the vehicle has been unloaded, all cars need to immediately be moved to another parking lot. As long as you park in a legal parking spot you may park in any lot not being used for move-in.
If you did not get your student ID photo taken during Freshman First Day, you will need to go to the Safety and Security Office to get your student ID made.
Have questions about what to bring or what NOT to bring for your dorm room? Please take a look at our Move-In Checklist below.
Lunch will be available from 11 a.m. - 1 p.m. in the Commons, located in the Findlay Student Center. We will have our Goodbye on the Green at 1 p.m. This is the time for last minute hugs and words of encouragement before students and their families part ways. Ice cream will be served on the FSC circle.
New Student Orientation
Orientation officially begins at 2 p.m. with all new students attending their first CORE 101 class. We have a special parent presentation at the same time in the O’Reilly Event Center followed by our Parent Farewell Reception in the FSC Ballroom.
Students will spend the next few days getting to know their classmates, roommates, staff, faculty and their student leaders. They will receive a lot of valuable information and participate in a ton of fun activities that will help them make a smooth transition to college life.
Items to bring with you
- Comfortable clothing - students will stay busy throughout orientation. We will be participating in service projects in the community so please bring clothing you do not mind getting dirty and closed toed shoes. Bring a swim suit for the open swim time at the pool!
- Vehicle registration - if you did not get your parking permit at Freshman First Day, you will need to stop by the Safety and Security Office located in the Findlay Student Center lower level. You must provide official documentation with your license plate information on it in order to receive a free parking permit.
- Vaccination records - all new students must provide a copy of their vaccination records to the Dean of Students Office. If you have not already submitted these records you may drop them off at the Dean’s office across from the Commons in the Findlay Student Center.
- Required vaccines include MMR (Measles, Mumps, Rubella); Polio; DPT (Diphtheria, Pertussis, Tetanus)
- Recommended vaccines include Hepatitis B; Varicella (Chicken Pox); Meningococcal (Meningitis)
For more information and to view the complete Move-in Day and Orientation Schedule, follow the link below.