Department of Music
Music Activity Grant Auditions
• Music Activity Grant auditions are open to all students (music and non-music majors) who wish to participate in ensembles at Drury.
• Grants are awarded on the basis of talent and performance ability.
• Awards up to $4,000 are available per academic year.
• Contest-type material is appropriate, with two pieces in contrasting styles. The performance will be followed by a brief evaluation of sight-reading ability.
• Solos requiring accompaniment must be performed with piano. If you do not have an accompanist, we will provide one for you.
• Composers should also submit copies of scores and recordings of their works by the audition deadline.
• Candidates should apply for admission to Drury University before the audition.
• Students applying for admission to the Department of Music to pursue a major in music (BA, BME, BMT) must prepare a ten-minute audition in their major performing area (instrumental or vocal).
• Literature should be similar to that outlined above.
• All new students will be required to take a theory/ear training and history assessment exam upon arrival on campus.
Scheduling the Audition
• Please register on-line.
• Applicants will be notified of the audition appointment time.
Applicants are strongly encouraged to audition in person, however video-recorded auditions will be considered in the event of a travel hardship, and must be received by February 1, 2013.
For more information, please contact: