Drury University Advertising Club
When you join the Drury Advertising Club, you will belong to a national organization of professionals and students who have a curiosity about the world of advertising and a desire to join the industry. As a member you will have opportunities to:
- visit advertising-related agencies and the people who work in the industry
- participate in conferences and career fairs
- attend meetings of the Springfield Ad Club to get a “feel” for the business
- attend the annual student conference
- attend the district 9 National Student Advertising Competition
- attend the NSAC finals and the AAF national conference
- be recognized for your talent and leadership skills, within your own chapter, across the district and even nationally
- have access to national recognition through AAF programs and internships
- participate in AAF- sponsored competitions and awards programs, including the Student ADDY Awards
- pursue activities that build a portfolio and resume
Build Experience and Receive Professional Advice
- connect to advertising professionals as contacts (and possibly even mentors)
- receive professional advice on formatting your resume, dressing for an interview and conducting yourself at work
- find internships
- build credibility for the time when you begin your job search
Headquartered in Washington, D.C., the American Advertising Federation serves over 50,000 members nationwide who represent all facets of the advertising profession. The AAF combines the strength of major corporations, advertisers, advertising agencies, media companies, local advertising federations - - -and college chapters - - - to form a unified force in the advertising industry.
Nationally, there are more than 200 AAF college chapters.
Contact Dr. Regina Waters (email@example.com) for more information.