Renew an Organization
Existing student organizations and club sports should renew with the Student Activities Office to take full advantage of the benefits offered to recognized student groups. This process also provides Student Activities Office with contact information, enables our office to provide support, resources and promote these groups to interested students through publications, events, and social media.
Benefits of Renewal
- Advising - Assistance from Office of Student Organizations and other relevant offices on campus pertaining to your organization
- Banking - Free banking through the Business Office in Burnham Hall including tax-exempt status (as part of Drury University’s)
- Email - Access to a university email address for your organization.
- Facilities - Access to Drury University facilities and space for student organization activities, meetings, and events.
- Funding - Eligibility for funding through the Student Government Association (SGA).
- Name - Permission to use “Drury University” in the student organizations name.
- Promotion - Table at Student Activities Fair, inclusion on list of student groups/organizaitons, social media recognition, permition to use D.Cal
- Resources - Access to Student Activities Supply Check-Out
- Training - Access to free membership and leadership training on various topics and such as event planning, fund raising, web design, etc.
Steps to Renew Your Group
Renewing a current student organization takes about two weeks. These step-by-step instructions will assist you in completing the renewal process:
- Review the Student Organizations Policy
- Review list of student organizations and note any corrections that need to be made to your organization's page.
- Complete the Registration Agreement Form, making changes you noted in Step 2.
- Register your social media accounts
- Attend Student Organization Training Workshops
- Receive Renewal Confirmation
Once your group has completed all required materials to the Student Activities Office, a Renewal Confirmation Letter will be sent from the Student Activities Office. Keep the official renewal confirmation letter on file for the remainder of the academic year. The renewal process starts again at the beginning of the new academic year.