Room Change Process
Room changes are permitted for students if and when roommates are having adjustment problems and for other special circumstances. Prior to a room change being approved, students are expected to have made a good faith effort toward resolving the roommate situation through the outlined Roommate Mediation Process.
Once a student has completed the mediation process, upon recommendation from the RA or CA, the Residence Life/Housing Office may decide to process a room change. Four basic criteria must be met for a change to occur:
- Student(s) involved have completed the Roommate Mediation Process.
- Vacant space is available.
- Students affected have consented to the change.
- The Residence Life/Housing Office has approved the change.
If your attempt to reconcile your differences is not successful, then you should follow the steps detailed below to complete the room change process:
- Ask your RA or CA for a Room Change Request form, or print one from www.drury.edu/housing/forms.
- Contact potential roommate(s) to find out whether you might be a good match. Once you have found an acceptable roommate(s), complete the room change request form:
- Collect signatures of all affected parties and submit the completed Room Change Request form to your Hall Director/Coordinator.
- Check your Drury email account for your new housing assignment and date by which to move.
- Check out of your "old" room. Contact your HallDirector/Coordinator director to set up a check-out appointment.
- Check in to your "new" room. Contact an RA/CA in your new location to complete this process.