Sorority Recruitment Marketing
Sorority Recruitment Marketing is an effective way to promote all aspects of Sorority Life including academics, service and leadership. The marketing plan includes various media outlets, including print, electronic and personal contact to provide the most effective avenue to reach all potential members.
Panhellenic Council regularly plans publicity and events to provide interaction between current Sorority members and potential members.
- Posting Sorority Recruitment PR around campus
- Placing ads in the Drury Mirror
- Utilizing email and online resources to connect with potential new members
- Encouraging current members to promote Sorority Recruitment to classmates by word of mouth
- Planning regular activities to attract potential members
- Encouraging chapters to invite potential members to current chapter activities
There are many ways to reach potential members through publicity and personal interaction. Panhellenic Council can find the most effective avenue to reach the members you want to have in involved in Sorority Life.
The marketing timeline provides a basic overview of available marketing and when Panhellenic Council and chapter members most effectively use the marketing to promote Sorority Life Recruitment.
- February/March: Review printed materials for recruitment marketing from previous year to make updates for current year. Council officers work with chapter officers and members for new quotes and updated information and pictures to ensure accuracy.
- April: Panhellenic council officers collect updates from chapter members and submit information to Greek Advisor. Brochures are updated and printed through the Greek Life office to ensure consistency and accuracy.
- May: Panhellenic Officers and current members send first round of “Welcome to Drury” contacts to all incoming female students from updated student spreadsheet (from Administrative Computing). List is equally divided per council officer and per chapter member.
- June: Greek Advisor/Admissions sends “Welcome Get Involved in Greek Life” email to all incoming Drury students. During First-Year Registration Day, current members distribute printed materials to interested students including, chapter information brochures, chapter program brochures, recruitment event schedule, and sorority basic requirement brochures. Members also provide personal contact throughout First-Year Registration Day events at the suite tours and Greek Life information table.
- July: Panhellenic Officers and current members send second round of “Welcome to Drury” contacts to all incoming female students from updated student spreadsheet (from Administrative Computing). List is equally divided per council officer and per chapter member. Potential new members are invited to learn more about Sorority Life at the July Sorority Information Dinner.
- August: “Join Greek Life!” email announcements are sent through the Greek Life Office, frequency increases as recruitment dates approach. During First-Year Orientation, current members distribute printed materials to interested students including, chapter information brochures, chapter program brochures, recruitment event schedule, and sorority basic requirement brochures. Members also provide personal contact throughout First-Year Orientation events at Greek Life orientation events and activities. During Recruitment, Recruitment Counselors and teams distribute printed materials to women participating in recruitment including Sorority Information Pack (includes chapter information brochures, common questions, participation standards, PNM rights, questions to ask, recruitment advice, and recruitment vocabulary), Event Schedule, and Sorority Life Basic Requirements.