Drury Lane Troupers

The first formal theatre production at Drury was held on March 19, 1897, when students staged a production of the Greek tragedy, Antigone. In 1935, the Drury Players were renamed the Drury Lane Troupers. It is one of the oldest continuing student organizations at Drury University. All students who participate in any aspect of theatre at Drury automatically become members of the Troupers. Past members of the Drury Lane Troupers are now working in a variety of theatre and entertainment industry jobs as well as many other careers.

A major activity of the DLT is the joint sponsoring of the annual theatre awards banquet in conjunction with Alpha Psi Omega. The performance awards are voted on by members of the Drury Lane Trouper Academy, which is composed of university faculty and staff who agree to attend productions and evaluateĀ  the performances.