Drury Volunteer Corps (DVC) is the leading service organization and the third largest student group on campus.
Drury Volunteer Corps hopes to:
- Develop and implement community service projects within the Springfield community.
- Work in conjunction with Drury University in developing partnerships with local non- profit organizations.
- Promote community growth leading towards the improvement of local programs offered in Springfield.
- Cooperate with Summit Park Leadership Residents in creating new opportunities of service within the Springfield area for all Drury Students
Drury Volunteer Corps organizes opportunity for service in seven different categories:
- Children and Special Needs : Example -Tutoring at Boyd Elementary
- Senior Citizens: Example - Entertaining residents of Maranta Village
- Poverty Situations: Example - Help stock the warehouse at Convoy of Hope
- Education: Example -Helping set up exhibits at the Discovery Center
- Outdoor Preservation: Example -Maintain trails with Ozark Greenways
- Animal Welfare: Example - Washing and walking dogs at the Southwest Humane Society
- International Efforts: Example - Working with Heifer International to help other countries to become sustainable
- Underrepresented groups- : Example - Help Teach Hispanics English
There are opportunities for everyone to volunteer!
Don't Miss Your Chance To Make A Difference In The Springfield Community And The World!!
For more information Contact Courtney Swan Director of Community Outreach and Leadership Development, in FSC 117 or email at email@example.com
Related Links:Quotes from Members of the Drury Volunteer Corps