How to Apply to the Academy
Seating is limited for each academy class and selection into each class is accomplished by passing and scoring in the top 28 from the ASSET test.
- Do you meet the base requirements from the Eligibility Requirements page?
- Download, print off, and fill out the ASSET registration form indicating which academy and ASSET test date you want to attend. Review Study guide for ASSET Test (basic reading and writing only)
- Mail the registration form and fee to the address indicated on the form. Fee must be paid by cash, money order or cashier’s check made payable to “Drury University.”
- Apply for admission to Drury University College of Continuing Professional Studies. You are NOT registering for classes at this time.
- Submit official copy of high school transcripts in a sealed envelope from the issuing institution OR original GED certificate with test scores. Transcripts should be sent to Drury University Law Enforcement Academy, 900 N. Benton Avenue, Springfield, MO 65802
- Submit official copy of transcripts of all college coursework in a sealed envelope from the issuing institution. Transcripts should be sent to Drury University Law Enforcement Academy, 900 N. Benton Avenue, Springfield, MO 65802
- If seeking Financial Aid, complete your FAFSA
- If you are seeking to use military benefits, submit Veterans Certification Request then contact Drury’s Veteran’s Representative at (417) 873-6908.
- Applicants with top 28 of scores on the ASSET test and top 10 alternates will be mailed an application packet. Complete all application materials and return to the academy director as indicated. Information about electronic fingerprinting will be included in the application materials. Electronics fingerprints must be submitted prior to the orientation.
- Attend the orientation for the academy as indicated in the application materials.
- Obtain all required equipment and attend the first day of the academy.